Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Different Start...

     The mid west of the United States has been under a heat wave for the past 3 weeks--that includes us here in northern Wisconsin.  For several months I waited for the weather to warm up so I could get outside.  Now it is too hot to get outside---high 80's and ninety with high humidity.
     I did things differently this morning.   I went walking before 9AM.  WOW!   For some folks that is no big deal, but for me it is.  Already the sun was hot, but there was shade and a cool breeze.  I met up with a black squirrel (no camera) (No, not a black squirrel with no camera.  I had no camera.), 2 pigeons, and a chipmunk.  It was a great way to start a hot day.  I think I have found a new hot weather routine.
     Today was Sunday and I relished a great church service. 
     Afterwards I stopped to put gas in the car---$50.50 worth.  I didn't relish that.

     I had mentally planned out several projects to get done this afternoon.  Reality just doesn't work  that way.  By the time I made a healthy, hardy salad and puttered around on the computer a big chunk of the afternoon was gone.  That did include altering hotel dates and making reservations for a moving van.
     My sister, Kate, called and we talked about the state of my emotions (I am much better now) and about our upcoming Great 3 Senior Sisters Road Trip.  It will now likely be The Great 3 Senior Sisters and a Niece Cross Country Road Trip.  But that is alright since the niece, Vickie, has been to Glacier Park and Banff.  She'll be our guide--and driver--and motivator--and youthful inspiration-- and overseer of us older aunts.  I really think that, secretly, Kate isn't 100% sure of MY leadership in this whole adventure--just because I have never been out that way or driven through the Rocky Mountains before.  Perhaps she is aware of me getting 3 people lost overnight in Copper Falls State Park.  But that was 51 years ago.  Surely I have honed my adventure guiding skills since then.  

Hombre Hor-Hay
    My son, Burt, called---after I called him and he didn't answer.  We chatted about plans for my move and worked a little on the schedule.  He and Chuck are driving a moving truck out for me.
   My son, Al. stopped over this evening to do some computer work.  We talked more about the upcoming move.  He looked over some items I was offering him.  That included 2 ponchos he had brought  from Mexico several years back.  He was excited to take them home because they had the word "PEPE" on them.  His daughter, Autumn, has a chihuahua named Pepe.     

     This has been a good "hot outside" day in the life of Grandma G.

   "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." (Proverbs 12:25)

    
   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment