Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Discovery Day....

     Today was a thunder/lightening rainy day.  It started during the night.  There is something soothing about rumbling thunder as long as you know it isn't severe.  And there was something soothing and cozy about the rainy day.
     I understand that thunder and lightening are rare in Washington.  When my daughter first moved out from the Midwest 14 years ago she would panic when the sky turned dark.  Here that could mean tornadoes.  Not out there--just a bunch of rain. 


   "Don't be scared, you're safe in here."












     The rest of the day was occupied with sorting stuff.  I did come across two things that are NOT going our west with me!


         I discovered I have about 30 picture albums.  Some are filled and some are not.  They all have to go along.  There are 3 large boxes of pictures.  They are all going along.  There is a box of souvenir scenery books---going along.  Memory "things" from Australia, Tasmania, Israel, Morocco, Alaska---going along.  There are large and small rocks from all over the world, including Park Falls.  They are going along for my front yard rock garden. (The rocks aren't really LARGE, just proportionally large.)   
     
       I came across a picture of Grandma G with her foster brothers and sister taken 60 years ago.  You can see the folds where I had it folded and in my wallet during my youth years. (Just we girls were showing.)  I got to hold the baby girl.  This wonderful family ended up with 13 children of their own.




      Another quirk about preparing to move----mystery meals.  Figured it is time to clean out the freezer.  Is it gravy with pork, beef or dark turkey?  I will find out soon!  I did find a loaf of yummy cranberry, orange, nut bread.  Yum!



   This has been a good discovery day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."  (Luke 12:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment