Sunday, August 5, 2012

There's a Change in the Air....


       

     When I went outside this morning to go to church I was met with a blast of cold wind.  The temperature was in the low 60s.  Though the sun was bright and warm the air was telling me that summer had turned a corner and was on the way out.
     This tree is showing the first signs of autumn approaching.  Even as I drove out town a flock of geese was flying southeast.  (This a good time to listen to Come September)
     The chill in the air remained throughout the day.  It was telling me its time for this bird to migrate west---Pacific Northwest.  So many years and plans have gone into this change in my life.  Yet it is suddenly here and I think, "If only I had more time".  There are several "formal" goodbyes I wanted to say, places to visit one more time, memory photos to take.  But when time crushes in only the most urgent needs are taken care of. 

      The most urgent is sorting and packing.  Though it seems so terrible to have to do this, it is a great opportunity for me.  This forces me to assess my life and define what is important to me.  What makes me, ME.  What do I hope or foresee me doing once I get settled into my new home.  Those questions decide what I will move along and what I won't.  It appears that I am taking most everything!!



Here is a brief list of what I "see" myself doing the next number of years:

     Teach piano
     Compose music
     Record CDs and DVDs
     Create a rock garden in front of my house
     Sort out pictures, recipes and albums for my kids
     Take walks (up hill)
     Frame scenery pictures to sell at art fairs
     Travel
     Go back to school for music (maybe)

    
    With having put in lots of packing hours yesterday I concentrated on other things today.  I said more goodbyes at church with this being my last official service in Park Falls as a resident. 
There were more farewells at the grocery store as I had one item to buy, but met up with a few friends.  At home there was computer preperations to be worked on. 
    I had a pleasant social interlude with 13 members of my family when we met for late lunch at a local restaurant.  (Sorry--or maybe,Yeah--no picture)



                        AND...             Happy 9th B-day, Ryan!!
                                                           (How about a B-day kiss?)
   
  



                                            Fun memory pictures from South Dakota in June


     This has been a good "change in the air" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)



No comments:

Post a Comment