Friday, July 5, 2013

The Day After......

     Tis the day after the 4th of July.  I am resting in the cool of a damp Wisconsin evening after a hot, humid day. 
     My Park Falls 4th of  July celebration brought back hometown memories and a new experience.

                                                  LOCAL POLKA BAND








      FACE  PAINTING          TWO  LOCAL BEAUTIES......


2 OF MY FAVORITE FORMER STUDENTS           RED, WHITE AND BLUE DESSERT
 
      I finished off the day enjoying dinner with my brother, Nick, and sister-in-law, Sandy.  Followed by fireworks and more fireworks at son, Al's, home.
 
      Today, Friday, was spent looking for a car to rent cheaply.  Louie drove me around and we had lunch together.  We did find a source for an economical car rental.  Then I was off to visit a number of  friends the rest of the day. 
 
      This has been  a good "after the 4th" day in the life of Grandma G. 
 
       "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."  (Proverbs 17:17)
 
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment