Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Rare Experience Day....Post Views 8750

    Grandma G has been enjoying a rare experience.....hanging out alone at home and enjoying every minute of it!  What??  No anxiety?  No discontent?  No hankering for an adrenalin rush?   NOPE.....
     Just satisfied to work around the house.  Actually I did a DIY project.  YEP!  That's....Do It Yourself.

_______________________________________________________________________


 Hi there,  Grandma G here.  Today I am going to update my worn out old wood burning fireplace.



By replacing the heavy iron log grate and ashes in the firebox with an electrical heating/flaming unit that operates with a remote control....Woo!  Woo!



Initially a little Cinderella work was needed to clean out all the lingering ashes----a bit messy and tedious

Don't want my modern electrical fan blowing fine ash all over the house....

 At first the unit would not fit.  Fortunately I purchased the smaller size....the larger one would have been too larger to fit.....

With a little twisting and pulling and hammering down all the interference was out of the way.

The nifty, modern, no fuss, just turn the switch, light up,  pretend log fire unit went in with ease.

                              Grandma G is all set for the chilly winter months.....
                                      And holiday season, fast approaching.....
                                         (If only she would learn how to play that cute little red guitar....)

    There is a bonus to all this.  If I decide to burn a real fire (real wood or pretend logs) the unit will easily lift out and the grate go back in and one will have an  authentic fire..  Draw back?  Someone will have to be Cinderella again and clean out the ashes before I can convert back to modern.
______________________________________________________________

     There was some frustration today.....trying to figure out how to download 817 pictures from my Iphone to the computer. I bought a USB cable like one of my sons said to do.  I think all I accomplished was putting them all in a folder and double loading them into the phone.  Hopefully one of my techie sons will be able to tell me how to do this task really soon.

     The rest of the day passed peacefully while I did the laundry, cleaned the floor in my  room and did some stretches.  The day started out by doing water aerobics with 12 other ladies.  I don't think it was my imagination that the water seemed deeper today.  
____________________________________________________________

      All lightheartedness aside, my sympathy and prayers go out to the hurting people of the Philippines who have been so hard hit by typhoon Haiyan.

    "He [the Lord] heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."  (Psalms 147:3)
________________________________________  

     This has been a good "rare experience" day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
 (Isaiah 26:12)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment