Monday, November 4, 2013

Portland Saturday Market Post Views.....8665

  Mid Saturday afternoon, Kahana and I headed into Portland for the Saturday market.  I had never been there before.  All the merchandise booths contain handmade crafts.  And a wide variety there is!  We walked along river after parking several blocks away.  I viewed the first copy of the Oregonian newspaper first published in 1850.  







Water, bridges, rain clouds, rainbow, a patch of blue and a bird...

  Military ducks in formation.....




Set up under the bridge......
______________________________________
       Sunday was the first day back to standard time.  That messes with my mind and body for about a week.  I woke up early, something like 6:30 which was probably 5:30 since it also takes about a week for me to change all the clocks back.  Unless it is the car clock.  In that case it stays the same year round.  In the summer I simply need to remember that the actual time is one hour later than it shows.  That is, except for some reason it is also 20 minutes slow....you do the math.  It's too confusing to me.  
         The time change seems to have brought on the "rainy season" here in the Pacific Northwest.  Sunday morning was quite pleasant with sunshine and near 50.  By early afternoon the rain set in and hasn't stopped yet this Monday night.  I think the forecast shows a "sun break" sometime this coming weekend...I think on Saturday.  Yep.  But it is NOT snow.  
         Sunday was granddaughter, Autumn's, 11th B-day.  She lives in southern Wisconsin.  We were together her first 9 years in Park Falls.  She had  two years of piano lessons with me.  These days she is into figure ice skating.  
Happy 11th B-day, Autumn!!




     Friday, Nov. 1 was my son, Gerry's, B-day.  He hangs out in Carlsbad, CA.  Not a bad place to be.

Happy B-day, Gerry!!

                                    Visiting Grand Canyon, Oct. 25, 2013

        These past 2 days I spent a little fun time composing a turkey song for Thanksgiving....actually a medley of 4 songs, maybe add a fifth.  The title shall be  "The Saga of Thanksgiving Dinner" or something to do with a live turkey trying to stay alive to be "The happy turkey that got away"  Gobble, Gobble.  The main song is the newly composed one, "Pumpkin Pie".  Maybe I'll be able to post it on the blog sometime this month.  Fun stuff.  Takes up time, but fun is fun.  And it makes me happy.  I'm not the only turkey around here.  Gobble, Gobble. 

        This has been a good 2 "start of the rainy season" days in the life of Grandma G.  

     "He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."
(Psalm 147:8)         

No comments:

Post a Comment