Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blogger's Block.... Post Views 8902

     Grandma G has Blogger's Block....I may have come up with a new term.....I have heard of writer's block (I think)....when a writer just can't come up with anything to write.....while I can't come up with anything to blog.....OH, DEAR......I'm not even sure what has gone on the past 3 days.......actually it is all coming back now.  


      Sissy had a temporary nerve stimulator inserted into her spine on Wed.  I had a picture but can't find it.  She had back surgery  3 years ago to correct a tethered spinal cord.  Consequently she has constant nerve pain in her lower back.  Since pain pills have not helped, nor therapy, they have chosen to try this mechanical approach.  
     Anyway Thursday I spent part of the day with her---after searching the grocery store for food to take to her----she said anything was fine---so try to figure out the anything that she would like.  
     I haven't talked to her today but as of yesterday there seemed to hope that the stimulator is relieving the pain.  The next step is a surgery to implant a permanent one that she will regulate with a small remote she'll always carry with her.  The wonders of modern medicine!! More on that as time goes on.
(Sissy holding Gemma by the Grand Canyon)

      Friday I think I stayed in all day. I spent several hours working on a message from the Bible about thanksgiving (giving thanks) to share on Sunday (tomorrow).  I will talk about 20 -30 minutes.  This was a bigger challenge to prepare than I thought it would be.  
      Later in the day I took a break to watch a 2 hour episode of Star Trek  while cooking a good down home dinner of breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes and fried apples. Yum...
And then washed all the dishes (that had accumulated since Tuesday).
      Today, Sat., I went to water aerobics and then home where I stayed the rest of the day.  More work on my Sunday sharing.  I think I know why I have Blogger's block.  Evidently it didn't cause writer's block after all.  

Fun picture...five white vehicles clumped together...mine is the 5th....


                  tree at Deb's  house
Grandma G with Jude and Gemma at Grand Canyon

     This has been a good 3 "blogger's block" days in the life of Grandma G.
      
      "Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord, let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.  Let us come before him with thanksgiving  and extol him with music and song."  (Psalm 95:1&2)

No comments:

Post a Comment