Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TOO.....Relaxed? / Post Views 9050

      Is there such a thing as being TOO relaxed? Recuperating? Leisurely? Maybe, just hanging out?   Might you call it lazy?   Whatever you deem it, I have been it since Sunday.  I think having decided to "stay home" for the holidays has made me feel very relaxed and contented.  This is the first year in many that I am not packing a suitcase, watching weather reports, finding winter coat and boots and "buckling up the house" to head out on a flight to somewhere.  This is sweet.  

       Sunday was the 10th anniversary for our church, Burning Bush Ministries.  It was also MY 1st anniversary.  It was a year ago I attended my first service there....and have remained this past year.  I also stayed for their pot luck.  Kahana was the first friend that I met.  We have since "hung out" together a few times.  
       This year I sat next to Kahana for the service.  We were treated to a Barber Shop quartet,  "Upward Bound in the Fifth Dimension"
                              Oops, Maybe they can't count.
     Actually two of them are both basses.  It was very enjoyable for me to listen to the hymns sung in harmonies and marvel how they can stay on pitch while singing a cappella.  They later told me about the lady's version of quartets called "Sweet Adelines".  I don't think I have ever heard a group like that.  
       After a yummy pot luck of turkey, ham and "pitch in" side dishes (my cheesy party potatoes were all eaten up) I headed home with a full belly and "Allegheny Moon" (sung to me after the service) swooning in my head.  I REALLY wanted to nap, but made myself go for a half hour walk since the weather was so mild and sunny.  

Thanksgiving pansies... 

Land of red berries.....



Shall we dine together?
Foes or friends? 


      

         



      Monday, after sleeping in, I headed out to a chiropractor appointment.  It might sound strange, but I think I can turn my head to the right easier since having the troublesome molar extracted last week.  (Still healing from that.)  
      Then went on to finish Thanksgiving shopping and looking for an artificial Christmas tree.  Last year I enjoyed a real tree, but had  difficulty disposing of it afterwards.  The cut up trunk and branches are still sitting in my garage.  I did NOT find a tree that is not already prelit with tiny lights. 
       I returned home later in the afternoon for a 4:30 piano lesson and then felt okayed to "leisure out" the rest of the day...AKA....watch TV, eat and work on the never ending piggy puzzle.  
        Today, Tuesday, we have what is called an "air stagnation" alert until Friday.  Guess the weather conditions and prevailing winds keep the air from flowing freely.  I did notice a low level hazy cloud cover.  Still....it isn't SNOW....
         I needed to do some running around and ended up at Target where I found the "just right"  Christmas tree.  Yeah!   Just need to light a balsam fragrance candle for the "real" effect.  Also found the bath mat and long looked for microfiber cleaning clothes in another store. 
         While driving on the way home, on top of a hill, I caught a glimpse of Mt. Hood---majestic against the twilight sky and the last gleam of sun reflecting off its snowy peak. I felt blessed to be living here in the Pacific Northwest.  
         Upon returning home I again felt "okayed" to just hang out.  Watched a few Star Trek episodes, practiced piano for half an hour and ended the day doing stretches while watching the newest episode of Little People, Big World.  
         A good day even with air stagnation.   

      This has been a good 3 "too relaxed" days in the life of Grandma G.  

       "In vain you rise up early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat---for he grants sleep to those he loves."  (Psalms 127:2)


No comments:

Post a Comment