Wednesday, February 5, 2014

10,030 Page Views......

      I have reached a magical number for my blog.....over 10,000 views.  I know they can't all be from me. Most views have come from America, yet there are readers from at least 20 other countries! (There is a "view tracker", but it tallies only the top 10 for the day, week, month, all time.) Thank you to my readers!!  
      I "went public" with the blog 2 years ago Feb. 1.  That is another milestone.  
      I think it will be fun to include some of those earlier entries, so this month I will have "flashbacks" of some I deem interesting.
________________________________________
                                 FLASHBACK.......
   "Northern Exposure"  Feb. 1, 2012  (Park Falls, Wisconsin)

   Think what you want, but I am not going to hide behind walls, beneath gray skies, packed in snow and surrounded by trees any longer.  Today I am going public....yes, public!  This is my FIRST BLOG.  Welcome to......
          A DAY IN THE LIFE OF GRANDMA G!
     Actually this isn't my first blog.  I have been blogging since February of  2011 when I turned 65 years of age.  I didn't know what to do with all that blogging.  In December during a Christmas visit with Chuck he showed me the basics of blogging.  Then he left me to my own devices. Yikes.
     I invite you, my family, to be the first to enjoy these blogs.  Journey with me as I endeavor to move to Vancouver, WA this summer.  Travel with me day by day as I face upcoming challenges, experience ordinary life, relate past events, tell funny stories and show a few pictures

 "Publishing" for the first time is my biggy!  I am going to be excited and scared when I click the "publish" button.  Thanks for checking me out!  Hang in with me for awhile---hopefully a long while.
    You come back now, you hear, and share in...        A DAY IN THE LIFE OF GRANDMA G!

    This has been a good "publishing" day in the life of Grandma G.
_____________________________________________________________________

      I am home now from San Diego.  The weather here in Vancouver, WA is cold and windy.  It still is not as cold as northern Wisconsin which again is in the grip of the "Arctic Vortex" with sub zero temperatures for days.
    I had a sunny flight yesterday and got a few aerial view pictures.  
       
Out over the Pacific Ocean 
 Into a land of clouds.....


And snowy mountains....




        










 Interesting cliffs and ravine....
tree covered, not river....




Snow-dusted mid Oregon


Rivers winding through Portland

Sailboats waiting for their captains...






    


 I am glad to be back home, yet there is culture shock, even 1,000 miles north.  Life seems more rural here and "woodsie" .  
Sunny California is still Sunny California!

   This has been a good 2 "travel and home" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "...Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  (Romans 8:39)

No comments:

Post a Comment