Thursday, February 20, 2014

YIKES!! Post Views 10,282

     I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging.  I sure hope there is a good reason for that.  Don't know.  When the days get away I don't remember what they got away with.  Maybe taking the days backwards will recall memories.
_______________________________________
   Today, February 20 is the Birthday of my first child....the one who transformed me into a forever MOM.  Her dad affectionately named her Super Debbie as he held her high and floated her through the air.  She is the first of our "Magnificent 7".  Today she remains "Super Debbie" and is now mom of her own family here in Vancouver, WA.  

                    Debbie, daughter-Angie, Sister-Angie, Grandma G
 Thanks, Debbie, for starting the story of our GeoLou Schmidt family legacy!!
__________________________________________
    Today I am still in VC rather than flying the friendly skies.....thanks to another snow storm bearing down on the Midwest.  I think it is the frozen version of the "Pineapple Express" that has been dumping tons of rain here in the PNW. Mid Wisconsin flights were cancelled for today and tomorrow.  So.....instead I am flying out at 6AM tomorrow.....into Atlanta, into Milwaukee, and then by car to Wausau.   Whew....tired already.  
     Chuck and family had already planned to drive to Wausau to visit me while I am in Wausau.  Now they can visit with me all the way to Wausau to visit with me.  Cool.  I hope I am there when they get there.  
       And Burt and Jen for whom I am watching the boys? What did they do?   They got out on Wednesday before all the mess set in.  Burt got to co-ordinate all the travel plan changes via phone and FB. What some folks won't do to get away from the cold and snow.
__________________________________________
 And then there was yesterday. Wednesday.   A day worth skipping over.....a living awake nightmare.  I had some meetings I didn't know about and the gentleman in charge kept talking and talking and talking the day away until my brain could take no more.  That was yesterday.
_______________________________________________ 
Somewhere between Sunday and Tuesday evening I got out for a walk while the sun was shining.  They dub it a "sun break".  It was a great opportunity to try out the new camera I got for Christmas. (takes awhile to bond with anything new.)  I was going to take it to San Diego with me a few weeks back, but  couldn't get the cover over the battery to close.  Wouldn't you know the young store clerk reversed the battery and....wonders of wonders....the cover closed.  HMMMMM.....
      Enjoy views of early spring, though out here they are complaining that spring is late this year.  Oh.   






typical sky formation......gray rain clouds interspersed with white clouds, blue sky and "sun breaks"
                        Grandma G casting a long shadow.....
_____________________________________
 Sunday was Al's Big 40 B-day.  Happy 40th B-day Big Al.  Though he was only 5lb 11oz at birth.  
       Big Al...second on the left.....with the Magnificent 7

   This has been a good 5 "gotta away" days in the life of Grandma G.

    "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."  (Proverbs 27:1) 


No comments:

Post a Comment