Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Valentines Have Gone to the Dogs....Post Views 10,252

         Happy Valentine's Day.....
According to my own mood, timing, drumbeat......


     By now Valentine's Day is here and gone.  The stores are stocking Easter candy along with a smattering in St. Pat's green.  (I have observed that one can eat one's way through the most of the year on a sole diet of seasonal candies.  There seems to be a lull between July 5 and Sept.8.  I'm sure, though, that some enterprising entrepreneur-- is that like a widow woman?-- will remedy that before too long.)
    My Valentine's Day was pleasantly quiet and alone.  I did dream of finding a date. Rather, of a secret doting gentleman calling me for a surprise evening out.  Surprise.  No such caller.  I thought about my 7 little Valentines who are now all grown up and raising their collective 18 little Valentines.  
    The GeoLou Family Happenings calendars were delivered earlier so now is the time to distribute them along with simple Valentine wishes.  I sent 4 through the mail.  I hand delivered 4 of them on Saturday when I went to Deb's for a combined B-day dinner for Micki, Debbie and me.  Hence the "gone to the dogs" Valentines.


     I found a box of hologram doggie Valentine's. With 2 dogs in the local families I figured they could get Valentine treat bones.  The dollar bills are for grandkids.   
  














      The GeoLou Family Happenings calendar runs from February to February.  Hmmm.....that's MY B-day month.   (Oops, I just noticed I forgot a B-day son's picture---he's the second to the left in the blue T-shirt in the group picture.  Maybe he won' t notice that his mom forgot him on the monthly picture.)  That's what happens when one is under a time constraint.  
      Nine calendars are going along with me to Wisconsin.  Wisconsin?  In late February?  Why,Yes.   Son Burt bought me a plane ticket if I would come stay with their boys while they go someplace warm for a week.  For their 20th anniversary they said.  Check back later in the week to share Grandma G's adventures in Arctic land.   Burrrrrrr...............
       
     This has been a good 2 "gone to the dogs" Valentines days in the life of Grandma G.  

      "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."  
(John 3:16 & 17)
    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment