Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Challenge Overcome....

My  Emotional Gauge at 8 AM Today:   Tired, Apprehensive, Unsure
     I was scheduled for a root canal "redo" for 9:45 at an endodontist about a 20 minute drive from here.
     I woke up tired, though had a good night's sleep.  The weather was forecast for the temperature to reach into the 90's, so I did something new.  I went for a half hour walk about 8:15. The sun was already shining and the sky blue.  It was still cool enough for a sweatshirt.  That was relaxing for me, though it didn't cure the apprehension.


First flowers in my yard                                                 My favorite bird, the mourning dove.....




         I did leave for the appointment by 9:15.  The car was low on gas; I figured there were plenty of gas stations if I needed to fill up. On the way I was feeling sorry for  myself that I had to do this alone.  But I reflected that it was my choice to move out here and that God was faithful to get me here, so "buck up" and be brave about taking care of myself.   I was still feeling nervous when I got there but I told them I was fine.  When they started with needles of anesthetic and a blue rubber shield over my face, I wasn't so sure.  I could feel my heart beating hard, though not rapidly.  Then with a bunch of cutting away at the rubber covering I was able to breath better and life got much easier.  The doctor and his assistant were great at explaining what was going on and 90 minutes later the procedure was over and I was free to go on my way.  Hopefully with the saving of the tooth and a comfortable mouth in a few days.



What I saw outside the dental complex.....Go, Green Bay, WI Packers!!


      Emotional Gauge at noon:  relaxed. relieved, peaceful:  The procedure was over, I was full of gas (well, not me, the car), Burt had texted--he is coming for the day on Saturday, I was driving home to simply "hang out" in my air conditioned home for the rest of the day.  AHHH....life is good.  

      Back home I rented the movie, Star Trek, Into the Darkness,  passed the afternoon and evening watching that and TV.   

       Today was the 12th anniversary of the attack on the World Trading Towers.  I remember living in Wisconsin and my daughter called from here in Washington for me to turn on the TV.  What a day of shock, grief and strength for our country.  Today we honor the families of the victims and admire the rebuilding that has taken place.   

       This has been a good "challenge overcome" day in the life of Grandma G.

       "When I am afraid I will trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid."
(Psalm 56: 3 & 4)  
         


       

No comments:

Post a Comment