Thursday, September 19, 2013

I Used to Have This Dream......

      Several times in past years, while living in Park Falls, I would have a recurring dream.  I would see vapor trails from airplanes crisscross the blue sky.  Normally in the north maybe once or twice a day a plane might fly by on its way to major airports.  So, in thinking about the dream, I would wonder if it indicated an air war going on.  Since moving out here I will often see the same scene, only for real, not in a dream.  Now I wonder if the dreams were some sort of "fore-telling" about my future life here in the Pacific Northwest. HMMMMM.......
 



Morning of August 19, 2013

                                       

It is interesting to note that my daughter, Debbie, who has lived here for 14 years used to dance around the house (in Park Falls) at 3 years old and chant, "I want to move to Washington, ton, ton".  We had no experience with the Pacific Northwest at the time.  Her favorite Christmas carol while growing up was (and I think still is) The Holly and the Ivy.  The holly tree and the ivy are abundant out here.  We didn't know that while buried in snow in northern Wisconsin.   HMMMMM..... 

        I had to go back to the foot doctor today for a continuing painful toe and foot.  I am able to walk with it, only a bit painful.  Doctor said it is still the neuroma.  He suggested cortisone shots, but said I didn't have to.  If the pain is tolerable I could (if my choice) just put up with it.  I have shoe inserts.  He said walking wasn't going to do any damage.  So....I have something to think about and decide as time goes on.  As long as I can keep walking I am relieved.  

       Grandson, Zach, 22, has requested piano lessons.  He wants to learn basics of blues and light jazz.  After the doctor visit I went to pick him up today with that in mind.  Unfortunately, 2 days ago he cut his leg quite deep because of an accident while skate boarding.  He wasn't feeling like starting a new quest today.  We did drive around a bit to settle on a place for dinner together.  We found a local restaurant for steaks; enjoyed the food, though the steaks weren't as tasty as we hoped.  But the company was excellent.....even with a painful right leg.  

     This morning, and then again this evening, I totally relished sitting for awhile on my newly furnished deck. 
                  (This is intended to make my Indianapolis sisters jealous....and entice them to come visit.)



     ____________________________________________________________

        And yesterday.....Wednesday?    It started out  maybe yes, maybe no.    Last week I decided I wanted to take part in a senior day trip that featured a ride on a paddle ship, called the Sternwheeler, up the Columbia River, and included sightseeing and lunch. I was number 2 on a waiting list.  I told the lady that I could come even if called shortly before the scheduled departure.  There was no phone call all week, so early Wednesday I was dressed and waiting for that last minute notice that someone had cancelled.  The call never came.  Oh, well.  There will be another time to go. That was all probably just as well since I spent the rest of the day with a headache and achy joints.   
 A visitor came a-calling
A mode of transportation I have not seen before......
(and a rare sighting of the photo phantom)

      This has been a good 2 "a dream fulfilled" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Then Joseph said to Pharaoh, 'The dreams of Pharaoh are one and the same.  God has revealed to Pharaoh what he is about to do'."  (Genesis 41:25)


No comments:

Post a Comment