Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy.....

         Grandma G has been LAZY, LAZY, LAZY......SORRY, SORRY, SORRY......
I wish I could say that a lot has happened,  but I can't.  SORRY..... 








     Friday Zach and Amanda came over to put together a table for my side porch so I have a surface to put things on.  Also did a 2 mile walk before forecasted rain moved in on Saturday
       

Reward after walking: fresh mango, dark chocolate and Yorkshire Gold tea served on the deck......











   Saturday,  after water aerobics, I couldn't decide what to do.  Rain had moved in.  Jake had a football game at 4PM.  Wasn't sure if I wanted to sit in the rain.  Zach and Amanda came over to give me a ride to Freddy's and then onto the game. We got to sit under a roof while the kids played in the rain. All the family was there except for Keys had traveled to England for work.  After the game everyone went separate ways so Deb and I were able to go alone for dinner across the river into Portland.  Finally, we had an opportunity to visit and eat peacefully quiet!
          Sunday was a blustery, windy, autumn PNW day.  After church service I spent most of the afternoon watching Wild America.  It was a  lazy senior time-----until I checked Face Book and read on there the request for prayers for dads of the band, No Excuse.  There was one there for Devin's dad.  Devin's dad?  Devin's? dad?  Why, that's My Son, Burt.  He had surgery?  What for?   I mentally listed all the possibilities.  Must have been an emergency since I hadn't heard anything.   After contacting Burt, he assured me that he is fine.  He had out patient surgery for a torn knee ligament. 
         Suddenly and silently the blustery, windy, autumn PNW weather turned calm and sunny.  Yeah!  Time for a pleasant walk to shake off the laziness---followed by an hour's stretching.  
         Monday was another lazy day.  EXCEPT.....I had seen something that caught my eye while out walking Sunday evening.  NOPE.  NOT a MAN.  Something else.  I even memorized the number to call.  And that I did on Monday.  I met with someone that afternoon.  I had something to talk about when I drove to Deb's in the evening.  She had made chicken soup and invited me over.  So chat we did.  
         I was grateful Deb sent chicken soup home with me.  I felt a bit sick overnight and then into today.  (Some time in the dark of the night I was abruptly wakened by a loud bang, Some thing had fallen,  What?  I was not about to get up and check, but it took a bit for the scare to pass.  Next morning I discovered a small picture had fallen off a wall.)  The soup was just what I needed.  Spent most of the day mentally determining what decision to make about what caught my attention.  And what decision did I make about what?   Well, you'll have to check back in a day or two to find out.  WHAT? 
        And the rest of today.  BBC America had a marathon of Star Trek so Grandma G has been sitting on her duff watching TV.  But, that is OK since I am sick.  Oh, yah.  But Grandma G's duff  is getting sore.  Enough of this stuff.  Tomorrow.  


Gemma mermaid....






       This has been a good 5 lazy days in the life of Grandma G.

       "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'." (Jeremiah 27:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment