Thursday, September 26, 2013

Getting Well....

Well, almost....
        It must be a flu virus....headache, stiff and sore muscles, stomach hurts.  But I got up and going Wednesday morning.  Debbie texted and asked if I wanted to drive to Beaverton with her to drop off a car for servicing around noon.  At a BMW dealership.  Sure, I would go along. The weather was sunny.
  Hopefully, getting out a bit might make me feel better.  Probably would be my only time "visiting" a BMW dealership.  A good way to spend a not feeling good day.

A drive through Portland






     
 In the evening.... I bought my plane ticket.  I did.  But I'm not telling for where or when (though soon).  You'll have to check back to see where my next great adventure will be and with whom.  Woo!  Woo!
       I am excited about Friday!!  Something BIG is happening for me. But I'm not telling


       _____________________________________________

       Thankfully on Thursday I was feeling somewhat better, but not completely.  I spent a quiet yet productive day at home.  Actually passed up going with the Red Hats on their outing.  
A lot of the day was occupied with computer researching work---for insurances, medical record releases, emails, advertising, etc.  (I find I am doing lots of "sit down" work these days.  Need to learn how to take breaks and incorporate stretching and exercising.) There was one fun surprise when I discovered the insurance rep I talked on the phone with here in VC moved here from Indianapolis--my home town.  I am eager to meet her. 
         I did take a walk in the park late afternoon.  The air was warm and the sun bright. There is a forecast of heavy rains coming the next few days. It was refreshing to get out and go walking. I was gratified to meet up and chat with people that I am recognizing and they me.  That makes me feel like a welcome member of the neighborhood.  Some had heard that I was sick and wondered how I am doing.  Nice.
          Then it was time for tea on the deck while I studied the new Medicare packet of info that just arrived in the mail.  It is time to once again be confused and struggle with a decision about supplements.  Sigh.
         I am ready for the winter, though.  The view from my dining table (and work table) is satisfying!





      
Tomorrow is a BIG day for me.  Check back tomorrow and find out what is the latest!!

     This has been a good 2 "not feeling well" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people."  (Matthew 4:23)



No comments:

Post a Comment