Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Two Rare Occurrences.....

      Two highly unusual events happened the past two days.   Oh, My!

     Monday night I went to bed to the sound of a thousand tiny mice scurrying  along my roof.  Then airplanes flew very low and loud across the night sky.  Soon flashes of light shone through the drapes.   WHAT?   A thunderstorm.  An actual thunder and lightening storm here in VC.  The first one I have experienced in the year I have moved out here.  The show went on for about an hour.  It was rather comforting and cozy.  This storm was tame compared to it's big brothers and sisters back in the mid West where hard winds accompany them; the bolts of lightening much fiercer and the rumble of thunder  a freight train travelling for miles across the sky.  This was cozy and comforting. 
     We have had rain here for the past 3 nights.  Yes, nights.  The nights are wet, the mornings cloudy and the afternoons sunny.  Sounds like a fairy tale.  True, though.  Makes for beautiful roses, mums and dahlias.   


      The other rare event?  This one you will have a hard time guessing.  Guess I will tell you.  I finished my tax info for 2012.  Told you you'd have a hard time guessing.  I had a hard time getting this all together.  I did file for an extension last April.  This is the one thing in my life where I am totally ADD.  So now the info can go to my patient accountant back in Park Falls and the rest is up to him.  Hope HE gets it in before the extension runs out.  This should be the last year that it is so overwhelming since I won't have to include business taxes.  I think. 

     Hammer in the morning, hammer in the evening, hammer at suppertime. Hammerhead sharks, Hammertoes.  What's all the hammering about?  Grandma G has developed a.....hammertoe.  No, it's not a new invention.  It's a highly annoying, aggravating, somewhat painful toe with a locked up joint and tense ligament that hampers one's enjoyment of walking.   Just thought you'd want to know about that.  No picture, please. 

    
  I still have a goal of building up enough endurance and health to join the elite senior hiking group that meets once a month for hikes.  I have a way to go before I can complete the "easy hikes" of 4-5 miles.  I 'll need to hammer out the present toe condition. 

     Did you hear that past, present and future walked into a coffee shop at the same time.  It was tense. 

    



          I have been investing in various items to add ambiance to my deck.  Two heavy items are still sitting in my car, waiting for someone strong enough to get them out and carry them to the deck.  It is a project in progress.  Pictures when it is finished. 

       You may have caught on that the past 2 days have not been high adrenalin days.  But "ordinary" days are what most of life is about.  After several months spanning 2 years of "unordinary", it is soothing, though uncertain, to start having ordinary days again. 

 
Just so things don't get  too ordinary....
 
         This has been a good 2 "rare occurrence" days in the life of Grandma G. 
 
         "All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."
(Proverbs 15:15)


      

No comments:

Post a Comment