Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Very Piggy Day.....Post Views 9285

   OR....some times ya have to get get out and socialize. I hadn't been away from my little neighborhood since Friday, except a short distance to get a haircut Sunday afternoon.  I knew the ladies' lunch out was happening on Wednesday, but I thought it was a different restaurant they were going to and I wasn't really interested.
      However, when Wed. dawned (about 8AM ) I realized that it was to "Famous Dave's" they were going   AND I wanted to go.  Meaning I'd need to find a ride before the departure time of 10:45 since it was in Portland and I haven't yet worked up enough courage to drive there on my own.   After 4 failed phone calls with the possibility that someone would return my call I proceeded to get ready....figuring that I needed to be ready in case someone called and said be ready in 5 minutes.
    Lesson for the morning?  It is good to be ready.  A lady did call and said be ready in 5 minutes.  Well, she said she had room for one more rider and they would be here in 5 minutes. Yeah!  I was being a grown up lady and had decided it was OK if I missed a ride and the lunch, since it was MY poor planning.  There is nothing wrong with being dressed up and no place to go....as the saying goes.  But, Yeah!  I get to get out and socialize.  That really felt good.  It was off to "Famous Dave's" in Portland.
     These gathering times are getting more meaningful and enjoyable as I am getting to know the ladies and they are getting to know me.  I can add to the conversations as "one in the know" and nod in agreement as neighborhood issues are discussed. I am part of the family now and not the new kid on the block.  Yeah!  Again.

Famous Dave's waiters bring out home fried potato chips so you can sample their various sauces and decide which you might like to add to your BBQ.  I chose the Sweet and Zesty...no Devil's Spit or Wilbur's Revenge for me.    


           Made me feel like they knew me and were talking to me.....

 
        After returning home I decided to continue the piggy theme and FINISH the piggy puzzle.   I spent several hours dedicated to that the past days while the weather was unsettled.















                                                      the LAST piece.....


                            OINK......
                        Can you find the Bentley dog "water mark"
                          (a chewed up puzzle piece?)
      When I texted and sent a picture to Angie this morning she said, "Weird, you bought that puzzle for me 3 years ago right before my back surgery and now you finished it 5 days before my next back surgery".   
       It's been a long lasting project.  Lately I have been seeing tiny, tiny animals in my head right before sleep. Most of them were not sheep--a few were.   I am happy that all the pieces are there--almost.  I am satisfied to have it finished. Angie and I are going to glue it and frame it for HER bedroom.  The picture is ingrained in my head for a long, long time.  

     This has been a good 2 "very piggy days" in the life of Grandma G.

      "Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence.  They rejoice in your name all day long; They exalt in your righteousness." (Psalm 89: 15-16)       
   

No comments:

Post a Comment