Monday, December 23, 2013

Pre-Christmas Days.....Post Views 9485



         On Sunday morning I had (almost) recovered from the stress and disappointment of Saturday.  I stopped by a grocery on the way to church and picked out a cheese, sausage and cracker tray to take to the snack time after the service.  It all was eaten except for the tangy olives.  Singing my song went well. That was a gift and blessing to myself---and I'm sure to everyone else.
        By mid afternoon I was ready for a long winter's nap.  That is what I did---for 2&1/2 hours.   For the evening I watched an uplifting movie---I think, The Revenge of Khan.  Well, it WAS entertaining while I did an hour's stretching exercises.
       
     
     






Success story.....I bought a small Christmas cactus last December.  It was simply a green cactus the rest of the year.  About 2 weeks ago it started to bloom----it must be Christmas time.  Success, because it is still here and larger this year.  Most plants survive a mere few weeks with me caring for them.  It must be Christmas!  New goal---keep this cactus living for all the years I am here in the PNW.  It is a reminder of my first Christmas here.  

       On Monday it was time to tend to ordinary living needs. So the laundry got done, SOME dishes got washed, I went to the bank to make a deposit.  Oops, I forgot the money.  No going back home in rush hour traffic for me.  Hopefully all is stable until after Christmas.  Mailed out the grandkids' Christmas cards.  I'm sure they will be excited enough with their Santa presents to not notice that Grandma G is late---again.
         I went on to Fred Myers to buy a few things.  The place was a jingle jungle.  Sure was glad to be finished and heading home.
         The evening brought about a bit of Christmas prep along with 1&1/2 hours piano practice time.  This season is rather out of the ordinary for me.  It doesn't seem like Christmas time already.  I think because I am not knee deep in snow and sub zero weather,  there is NOT the "hurry, hurry, hurry" of past years and the concern about travel conditions because I am flying somewhere.  This is all good!  GOOD.....RELAXED.....


Peanut Butter Blossoms---yummy!









                               Most decorated house in the neighborhood......

       This has been a good 2 pre-Christmas days in the life of Grandma G.

        "Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.  They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light."  (Psalms 36:8-9)

       

No comments:

Post a Comment