Sunday, December 15, 2013

Yes, Virginia,err, Georgia, it DOES SNOW in Washington....Post Views 9367

     One day last week it snowed.  Even my duck pond froze over.




     It didn't last very long......






Saturday I had a grandma Christmas prep day.  All day I had Christmas music playing while addressing 18 cards to my grand kids and typed up an elf letter to them..... 

A box of 18 cards....
ready made for Grandma G's 18 grand kids 


Dear sweet Grandma G elves I will miss being with you
This Christmas.  I know you will have great fun with your
Family.  Jesus will bless you as you celebrate his Birthday. 

I will see you at Eastertime.  I love you!!  Grandma G






    Sunday was another great pre Christmas day.   At our church service we sang several Christmas carols.  After enjoying an invited lunch out to Chinese cuisine and enjoyable sociability it was time to return home.  There I talked on the phone with 7 year old B-day boy, Eddie, in Wisconsin.  He eagerly told me about his B-day...how they went to Chuckee Cheese. Also sent text messages to Deb and Keys in  honor of their anniversary. 
 Eddie, on the left with cousins.

  The evening brought an activity I have not participated in for many years.....Christmas caroling.  I joined a group who walked around our neighborhood for an hour.  We sang at 10 homes.  At the last home there were three adults on the porch...one held a year old baby.  The baby clapped and clapped.  That was the highlight of the evening.  After caroling we enjoyed refreshments.  I was the good, health conscious one who brought cheese and crackers in the midst of a mountain (small one) of sweets.  

    This has been a good 3 pre-Christmas days in the life of Grandma G.

    "Your word [Lord] is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path".        (Psalm 119:105)  




No comments:

Post a Comment