Monday, December 9, 2013

Blame it on the piggy puzzle.....post views 9236




 I have determined to finish this piggy puzzle.....This is the 11th month of it hounding me (make that oinking me)......It is like trying to climb a mountain...it looks so close but the closer one gets the farther away it seems.....seems that way....oink....


          This determination has come at the perfect time.  Since Friday the Pacific Northwest....actually all of the United States (except southern California) has been in an arctic air grip.  Even southern Cal has frost warnings out for tonight. We had very cold air over the weekend.  SO.....since Grandma G doesn't like cold she opted to stay in the house for a few days.  Great opportunity to decorate the Christmas tree or bake cookies or practice piano or clean the house or catch up on the blog or write Christmas cards....OR...work on the piggy puzzle.  Guess how many of those "or's" never had a chance....oink.   Mr. Piggy will be complete by Saturday...oink... 
         I really shouldn't complain about the 30 degree temperature here.  It's a bit chillier in northern Wisconsin.......that's Fahrenheit, folks..
        Sunday morning brought another triumph--another DIY*.... for Grandma G.. in the very early morning hours I was awakened by a "clicking" sound coming from the furnace.  Since the temps were so cold and with a wind chill I was concerned that the furnace malfunctioned. What is there to do at 2AM when it is so cold and dark and so early (or late), except to hunker down under the blankets and hope that my fears weren't true.  
         Morning brought some relief to my fears...the house was not froze up.  There was, however, a little red blinking light winking at me from the thermostat.  OH....wonder what that indicates.    Sure would be expensive to call in a repair man on a Sunday morning.  I know I have this coupon for a deal for a furnace man to do a fall maintenance.  I had even called him early October before the Grand Canyon trip and we agreed I should set up an appointment when I get back.  I did not do that.  Wonder if he would honor that coupon on Sunday morning with temps near 10 degrees and slippery roads?   Probably not.....
       Option 2......do some computer research on "what does a blinking red light on a thermostat mean"?  Is it  a thermostat malfunction or a furnace malfunction......seems the computer wanted to know.   How am I suppose to know?   I'm not a furnace repair man not a computer tutorial.  
      Option 3.....I've heard that furnace filters need to changed regularly.  I have not done that regularly.  Is that something I want to explore on my own.....on a cold Sunday morning.....it would be cheaper than calling that friendly furnace repair man.   Fortunately there was a new one waiting for me on the self next to the furnace.....a filter, NOT a friendly furnace repair man.  



Can I DIY this?  (Do it yourself)
Why, yes I can, I think.....
A little investigating, a little thought, a little vacuuming, a little wiping off the dust.....
A clean filter installed.....the little red blinking light stopped winking at me.... 


     What is THIS?   white and black?
                                new and used?  
                                before and after?
                                yin and yang?

    I will call that friendly furnace repair man in the morning.  

        I did venture out a little today.  It might be the weather, but there are other folks a bit more peculiar than me. 
Reindeer antlers?
Devil horns?
UFO antennae? 
BIG blue crab?


     

 This has been a good 3 "arctic air" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Let the light of your  face shine upon us, O Lord.  You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  (Psalm 4: 6-8)   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment