Thursday, December 19, 2013

I'm Back.....Post Views 9403

      Grandma G messed up her computer---again.  IT man, Chuck, bailed me out----again.  Earlier this week I "downloaded" a website for free clip art (for the elf pictures).  It didn't mention all the bunch of junk that came along with it. I ended up with "pop up" ads all over the place and eventually not able to type on my blog.   My computer should be all cleaned up now.  
       This has been a leisurely busy week.  The "biggie"  was Monday evening into 2 AM on Tuesday.  I decided it was time to trim the Christmas tree.  Last year I bought all red and silver decorations and red and white lights, a few twinkling.  That color pattern is still beautiful this year.  


From "plain" to gorgeous in 6 hours and the 3 movie marathon of "The Santa Clause".   Fun evening, though I decided this will be my last year enjoying Christmas prep alone.  Woo! Woo!










         Tuesday around noon the "Air Doctor" came over to check out my furnace and heat pump.  A heat pump is not something one would find in Wisconsin or probably anywhere east of the Rockies.  It is stationed outside and serves for both heat and air conditioning. There is also a furnace in the house.  The young good looking "doctor" explained that I had the filters put in backwards, that dirty filters can overwork the motor causing it to overheat, that if the airflow is hindered then the electric heat kicks on and causes higher heating bills.  He cleaned out both units, stating that the heat pump is in excellent shape, but that the "squealing" noise I hear is the motor that needs to be replaced.  Hmmmm.  I want to keep the furnace system working well, so new motor will be coming soon.


          The afternoon was a little milder so it was time for a walk.  There was big excitement in the neighborhood-----a new "double wide" manufactured home was being delivered.  This one fills up our park of 200 homes.  It was fun to watch for awhile.



         













Though it is winter, there are hints of February "spring".  











         Wednesday and today I spent time with 19 year old granddaughter, Angie.  Tuesday morning she had outpatient surgery to implant a spinal nerve stimulator.  She has had constant pain for 3 years since surgery for a tethered spinal cord.  This is the last therapy to enable her to get on with life.  She has a small gadget that tingles the nerves, thus suppressing the pain receptors.  For the next 8 weeks she needs to be careful to not jar the wires until they heal well.  I will follow this process and keep us all posted.

       The roads were a bit slick as I drove over to Angie's house.  There was rain and cold temperatures overnight causing ice on the roads.  This is one reason for moving AWAY from Wisconsin.  Guess a few days throughout the winter is much better than 6 months worth.

      I have determined to get back to practicing piano......with plans of doing/giving a performance/show here in the park club house in March.   You all come and clap for me.......

       Christmas cards are starting to come in.  Yeah!

              My favorite note.......
 



      This has been a good 3 leisurely, busy pre-Christmas days in the life of Grandma G.

      "The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."   (Matthew 4:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment