Friday, December 6, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...ALmost.... Post Views 9163

      My "one Christmas project" a day hasn't quite worked out this week.  It has been a rather odd one.  Lots of paperwork, messy house, lazy Grandma, cold weather, persistent piggy puzzle, banana bread, Christmas music.  Maybe it's the turkey noodle soup I have been eating all week. Tryptophan.    

     Tuesday was an afternoon trip to Freddy's to take advantage of senior discount day plus extra percentage off coupons.  I gathered up a supply of yard decorations.  With the onset of COLD weather only a few have gotten put out.


 
                                                      Winter has come to the PNW......

       This evening I was pleasantly surprised when grandson, Zach, and lady friend, Amanda, stopped over.  All week I was wishing for him to come over to haul down a bunch of boxes of Christmas decorations and to set up my new tree.  Yeah!  He did this evening. 




It's a start!!







        With temperatures dipping into the low 20's and teens I started worrying about water pipes freezing.  The heat has been cranked the past few day and will remain so for another 2. Last night I let the water drip in an unused bathroom. 'Tis a problem I didn't think I would have to be concerned with out here.  All is relative since I have family living back in Wisconsin who are bundled up against -15F......30 below wind chill .  Burrr.....  
        What better way to handle cold weather than home made baking!  Banana bread, some with dark chocolate chunks. Yum!











      And what better way to wile away the time than working on the never ending persistent piggy puzzle.  
        It as become a symbol of determination, challenge, "it ain't over until it's over", and finish what you start.  Each piece is a tiny picture in itself.  I am amazed at the animals I didn't know were in the puzzle until I study each piece to try to figure out where it goes.  I'm sure there is much mental refinement happening in my head through this "exercise".  Oh, Yah.  (This is also the truth of why there has been no Grandma G blogging.)  


        And now I am sitting here at 11PM eating a can of pickled beets.  Years ago I would have worried that I was pregnant...AGAIN.

       This has been a good 4 odd December days in the life of Grandma G.  
   "You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light."             (2 Samuel 22:29)   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment