Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's beginning to Feel Like Christmas.....Post Views 9307

    Thursday was a wonderfully busy day.  Debbie had asked me awhile back if I would accompany their medical team while they sang their care giver team's version of 12 Days of Christmas.  I said, sure.  Only it was in Portland and I don't drive into there yet.  Neither did we have a practice until 15 minutes before they were to sing it for a gathering of "higher up" medical personal. I had practiced it at home to fit the words in properly.  Angie drove me to the conference center.  We performed our 5 minutes of glory, followed by hardy hand clap. Someone said it may the be the start of something big.  I don't have any photos to show of the performance.

 Grandma G's music to follow.....


Handing out the prize for the "festive sweater" contest....
(Debbie in red neck scarf)

____________________________________________________

      Shortly after returning home I received a phone call about 2PM.  It was one of the caretakers here in the park.  He asked if I was coming to the Christmas pot luck at 6PM that evening.  I said yes but that I hadn't gotten to the club house to sign up.  Well, he asked, would I play piano for a half hour while people were waiting for dinner. Sure. (I had to laugh because the day before we ladies were talking about the dinner and one lady asked if I was playing piano.  I said they must have something planned because the write up in the newsletter said music will be provided. My friend said I better take some music along because I was probably the "provided music" they were referring to.) 
     The next couple hours I entertained myself  by playing through Christmas music to decide what to play.  
But I also needed "a dish to pass".  What to take without much effort or ingredients.   I knew.........It will be .......it will be......it will be.......Green Bean Casserole.....AKA.... Green Bean Quickie
       Now all this might not sound like a lot for one day, but for a senior it is a lot for one day.   By the time evening came, I played piano for half an hour, waited in line to overload my food plate, visited with friends, sampled too many desserts and came home having forgotten my purse (I found this out when I heard footsteps on my porch---I thought I was getting a surprise present----a knock on the door and a lady asking if this particular purse was mine.) I was ready to happily fall into bed at the end of a wonderfully busy day.
(The dirty dishes and messy kitchen will still be there in the morning--whatever time that happens to be.)

View of Mt. Hood and Columbia River from I-205 bridge 12/12/13


     This has been a wonderfully busy day in the life of Grandma G.

   "It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand [Lord], your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them." (Psalm 44:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment