Sunday, March 30, 2014

Oh, What a Relief It Is!....Post Views 10,721

     My computer went Ape the past few weeks.....I must have down loaded something that had a bunch of monkeys (and apes and snakes and dancing smiley-faces and videos and warnings) on its back.  Ugh...Ugh....Ugh.....
     I had been contacting my computer tech the past 2 weeks but he was always busy with work, family, hockey and sleep.  Sunday evening we finally connected.  Not only he and I but my computer as well.  He is able to "take over" control....though with the "malicious adware" even his take over didn't go smoothly.  He was able to go in and delete all the rogue programs hiding in my hard drive, though it took a few frustrating tries.  After he had it all cleaned out he nicely admonished his mom not to click on junk ads that are expectantly waiting to dump bunches of more junk onto one's computer.  
     Thanks, Chuck, for being so smart and trained in techy stuff and for being a wonderful patient son!!  (Now, if he would read my blog he would know that I am complimenting him. Maybe his wife will tell him since SHE is a regular, gracious reader.....and fan.)

Skyping with Chuck and  his family



  _________________________________________________
       Earlier Sunday went well.  During church service I did not sing the song special I had worked on during the week because of other events going on.  I was invited to sing it next week. 
      After service I stopped at the grocery to pick up a few things.  I don't know if it is because I still don't know my way around the store or because there are so many fascinating unfamiliar food choices or because I don't know what I want to eat or cook for one person or I'm trying to be frugal or simply because I am slow that I spent 2 hours there to buy $27 worth of groceries.  Sigh.....
      I also stopped at the mall to take advantage of expiring coupons at my favorite clothing store.  Those with watching sale prices I bought $97 worth of clothing for $32.48.  Guess what Grandma G's latest obsession is?  
      After all that I went home and sat on the couch most of the remaining day.  Well, until my tech support son texted and then patiently waited until I was through watching a movie to help me with the computer mess.  (Curly Sue was a good entertaining movie.)

     This was a good Sunday day in the life of Grandma G.

     "A wise son brings joy to his father [and mother]." (Proverbs 10:1)


        

No comments:

Post a Comment