Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pesky Virus.....Post Views 10,438

      I've been well this year, but a pesky virus has moved in---sore throat, achy muscles, mild congestion.  I was feeling alright yesterday, though Monday I was quite tired.  Hopefully this will move on out by tomorrow!   Too much to do to sit around ailing.   
     So this Wednesday was spent "puttsing" round the house--and a bunch of computer work. This is okay since "storms" have moved in----lots and lots and lots of rain.   
      Tuesday I got out to Freddy's for a little shopping and to see what is available for spring skirts, flowers, decorations, etc.  It is SO cool to see annual plants sitting outside the stores for spring planting--which is NOW out here.   It is also pleasant to be blogging while listening to the frogs making their froggy songs outside.  There is a bird, a sandpiper, who is active at night and makes a sharp calling sound.   
      Another fun thing on Monday was opening a savings account to start a fund for a Hawaii trip in Oct. of 2015---in honor of my up coming 70th B-day in Feb. 2016.   I figure family members can contribute when any gift giving occasion arises as well as me collecting my change and adding that when it adds up.   ALOHA.....Open to any ladies who want to raise funds and come along.  ALOHA....I think it will be Maui.
      On Tuesday I signed up for 4 Senior trips in the next few months.  You'll have keep checking in to see where they will take me.  
      These quieter days have afforded the opportunity to call sister-in-law friends and my sister, Kate, to catch up on the latest in their lives and to briefly chat about my trip to Indianapolis in June.  Yeah, summer fun is coming!! 

     Kate, sent me an article she cut from a Duluth, MN paper in 1959.  It has a story about me and 2 others getting lost overnight in the woods.  You'll have to come back tomorrow to hear "the rest of the story".   






  

  This has been a good 3 "pesky virus" days in the life of Grandma G.  

     "Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases."  
(Psalm 130: 2 & 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment