Sunday, March 2, 2014

When It's Springtime in..... Post Views.10,405

......Vancouver, WA......





........Wausau, WI......





Yard next door, Vancouver                    across the street, Wausau












      It's been three days since returning home...three days of settling back in...three days of laziness.   
    Friday I was treated to almost 60 degrees and sunshine...a great day for a walk and photographing spring flowers.  On Saturday the PNW rains returned...a great day to catch up on mail, laundry, etc.
    By Sunday morning I was feeling like a recluse and was happy to head out to church and then grocery shopping.  
    Ever since Friday I have had "rotisserie chicken" on my mind after seeing it in the grocery ads.  I've also been trying to economize by using coupons, sales and "member cards".  SO....the trip to the grocery store was more like a research project and learning experience than a quick in and out shopping.  Last item to put into my cart?  A lemon pepper rotisserie chicken.   Nope.....
They were all out.  Sorry, she said, we are short on help and no time to cook any for another hour.  OH.    Now, the rains have returned....rain, rain, rain.    Once back in my vehicle it was decision time....just go home or stop at a store on the way to see about getting a prescription filled and picking up the greatly desired R chicken?  The desire won out.  Stopped in the rain.  Took 20 minutes to talk about obtaining a prescription with a new insurance.  Then to look for the chicken.  After looking through most of the store I finally found a clerk in the front of the store who told me they were as far back to the left back of the store as possible....I WAS just a few yards from there several steps before. Back I went in time to see ONE chicken on the shelf and two people walking in front of me. Grandma G can move very fast for a short burst.  Got my long desired lemon pepper rotisserie chicken.  Time for this old hen to go home.    (How much effort would YOU put into obtaining a lemon pepper rotisserie chicken?) 

     This has been a good 3 "springtime in..." days in the life of Grandma G.  

     "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth.....so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."   (Isaiah 55:10-11)    
        


No comments:

Post a Comment