Saturday, March 29, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away......Post Views 10,711

      I was warned there would be days (weeks) like this.....RAIN, RAIN, RAIN.......

    But WAIT.....there are also SUN BREAKS......
That is the official term used even by the TV weather people....

    We had a sun break this Saturday afternoon for about 4 hours.....



       We have had almost continual rain since Tuesday....record amounts in several areas.  
      What does Grandma G DO on very rainy days?    Glad you asked.

       On Tuesday I had an 8:20AM endodontist appointment a 30 minute drive from here.  Now to some people this is not a problem, but.....to some of us it is.   It worked out fine except that the annoying upper jaw pain is still a mystery.  The dentist said there is a small amount of infection around the root canal, but to wait a few months.  There is a surgical procedure that can be done to go in and clean it out.  We'll wait and see.  See?
         Going for Thai food lunch with the fellow mother-in-law, Carole, is another way of counteracting rainy weather.  Careful on the spice....even mild.....can be quite hot to one's palate.  I brought enough left overs home for 3 meals.....by the time it is diluted with bland rice noodles there will be enough for 7 meals....


  Then how about a stop with Carole at a local senior center to watch local senior musicians perform an Irish program.  (This was my first visit to any regional assisted living homes.)



Wednesday has already been documented with a rainy day trip to the Oregon coast. 

   Thursday was a great day to sleep in and loaf around all day....  I did make a fresh resolve to rehearse my piano music for a hoped for performance in May.  Positive, productive activity.  Also decided to work on a vocal song for Sunday service.   

    Ditto on Friday....almost....I did a few constructive chores, but can't remember what.  Oh, yah, watched a sappy, but sort of cute movie.  More music rehearsal during the day.  

     Today, Saturday, was a well used day.  I got to water aerobics....first in about 8 weeks.  The ladies were glad to welcome me back.  It was good to interact with all them again.
                                         "12 Apostles" southern coast of Australia.
        I spent some time at the computer trying to win a trip to Australia.  Frustrating, though, with all the annoying pop-up ads and videos.  I think the computer caught my virus and my tech-support son has not had time to remedy it yet. Anyway, I went to record my guess on the contest and it would not register.    Someday....Australia.....that is the contest.  Would love to go back
   
      Many hours went into polishing the song I plan to sing and play on the piano tomorrow at church.
      The highlight of the day was the......SUN BREAK....went for a 30 minute walk and then stopped at the mailbox to retrieve my soggy mail. 

     This has been a good 3 soggy days in the life of Grandma G.

    "Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.  Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember my everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."  (Genesis 8: 15 & 16)  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment