Friday, March 14, 2014

Sick Leave.......Post Views 10,530

     I still am not better from the virus I started over a week ago.  I'm quite sure by now it has evolved into a sinus infection.  
     Over the past months I have filled 2 prescriptions which I haven't taken.  They were given for tooth infection....the last one with the awareness of something not not right in my upper right jaw.  I hesitate taking antibiotics because I've had a lot of adverse, in not allergy, reactions to various ones.
    However.....there comes that moment when one realizes that she is not getting better and an antibiotic is needed.  I reached that moment Thursday morning.  Since Debbie is a nurse and she was home from work because she was sick that day I made the determined decision to go to her home and TAKE the antibiotic.  She would be there if, indeed, I would have an adverse reaction.  
      The happy result is that I am doing fine taking the medicine and my sinus congestion is breaking up.  Since I was unsure how things would go I stayed the night.  Jake was also home from school with sickness.  
     It was a good day to catch up on visiting and have a movie marathon.  We watched Captain Phillips, Seven Years in Tibet and Oblivion. All of them were well done and entertaining.  I like especially the first two which are based on true people and events.  Oblivion still has me trying to figure out just what was going on. 
     Angie was excited on Friday since the next morning she was flying down to San Diego to help Uncle Gerry while he would be gone on a business trip.  She is caring for her 2 cousins while enjoying the warm San Diego sun and beach.  She will spend a few extra days there just hanging out.  She was concerned about going through security since she has the nerve stimulator implant in her lower back.  This is her first opportunity to actually get out and "do something" since having her surgery in late December.  



Uncle Gerry, Gemma, Jude
at the Grand Canyon.....  





 I headed home Friday late afternoon, stopping at the grocery on the way.  I couldn't decide what sounded "good" for dinner, then finally decided on a precooked Shepherd's Pie.  As I got closer to home the more yummy that Shepherd's Pie sounded.  Into the microwave it went for 6 minutes while I figured out how to find Direct TV movies through the remote.  SO....several minutes later and having found The Hobbit I settled in for 3 hours of movie and a dinner of Shepherd's Pie.  Hmmm.......that SP smells rather weird....like mold....Hmmmm...maybe its just a spice.  Hmmmm.....it TASTES like mold as well.  NIX on the SP.  Menu #2.....microwave baked potato with butter, melted cheese, sour cream flavored with garlic and onion.   It is called comfort food.   Well, add a bowl of Cheetos and a couple pieces of chocolate candy.  

    This has been a good 2 "sick leave" days in the life of Grandma G.

                       Yellowstone National Park  May, 2004


    "Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits----who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
(Psalms 103: 2-5)      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment