Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Columbia River Outing.....

    On Tuesday, a friend invited me to join her while she babysat her 2 grandchildren.  It was a beautiful, sunny day here in Vancouver, WA.  She was going to a location called Frenchman's Bar along the Columbia River.  It is across town from where I live, but I am familiar with the main road to there.  It was my first adventure alone that far away.
 

 VIEW OF MT. HOOD
 VESSEL WAITING ON THE
COLUMBIA RIVER

 VESSEL HEADING OUT TO THE PACIFIC OCEAN
PASSING THE OTHER VESSEL
 
 
 TUG BOAT PUSHING BARGE OF SAND
UP TO PORT OF PORTLAND


 
WILD FLOWER  GROUND COVERING
 
MT. SAINT HELEN'S
 
________________________________________
 
     After an afternoon of sun and cool breezes I was refreshed when I returned home.  
Granddaughter, Angie, came by to treat me to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory restaurant. 


 
       This has been a good Columbia River Outing day in the life of Grandma G.
  
       "There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the most high dwells."  (Psalms 46:4)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment