Thursday, April 25, 2013

Red Hats/High Tea/Oops....

     Today, Thursday, was the day of our big outing for Red Hats---dress up in our best RH finery and head off to High Tea!   I was really excited, even though late Wednesday afternoon I "had nothing to wear". 
      THEN....Debbie and Angie showed up with a SURPRISE for me!
















 

     Thursday dawned sunny and warm.  After water aerobics all us ladies hurried home to dress for our outing.  I finished donning my red feather boa, grabbed my camera and headed out to meet the other ladies. 
     On the way to Myrtle's Tea House we saw beautiful scenes of Mt. Saint Helen's---time for photos!   Oops, the camera wouldn't turn on.  OOPS, the camera battery was at home in the charger.  OOPS.  NO PICTURES of the day.   PAINFUL.  13 ladies dressed in all their finery and NO CAMERA.  They consoled me and said there will be other dress up occasions I can get photos.


Pictures of Myrtle's Tea House (from her website)
We had 3 pots of different teas, sorbet to clear our palate, cups of soup, various small sandwiches, and several dainty desserts with chocolate, mint tea. 
 
        The afternoon was back to ordinary life which did include a walk in the warm sunshine.
 
MANICURED TREES
 





 
     This has been a good "red hat ladies" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  Give her the reward she has earned."  (Proverbs 31:30 & 31)
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment