Monday, April 8, 2013

Four Hours Sleep, Oh, My.....

    Hope its a once in a lifetime occurrence.  Stayed up watching TV movies Sunday evening until 11PM.  Remembered I had to take out the garbage--did that.  Decided to blog until 12:45AM.  Went to bed expecting to sleep.  Did not.  Got up about 4AM.  Ate oatmeal and drank Seepytime tea.  Looked at the clock about 5AM.   Went to sleep.  Woke up at 9:20.  Got up for the day.   UGH. 

     It is now 8PM.  Am looking forward to bed and SLEEP about 10PM.   The day actually progressed well and busy enough to not think about fatigue.

     I happened to call a friend (THAT sounds really good--to say I have a friend here in VC) to discuss something mid morning.  She said she and her sister were on their way over here to Creekside to check possible housing for her sister.  They would stop by to visit.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  I've been feeling lonesome since returning from Indianapolis.  The three of us had a wonderful chatty visit for an hour and a half.  

     It was then time for 2 music lessons.  Again, teaching the lessons filled a void and I felt "in my element".   At 3 o'clock granddaughter Angie came over to pick me up to ride into Portland with her to start physical therapy at the pain clinic.  We had a great time driving and chatting.  It was interesting to see her therapy regimen.  

    We were in a upbeat area of Portland near hospital complexes.  We walked around and took a ride on the air tram up to the hospitals and back again.  Then onto a stylish high rise we figured were trendy apartments with a little bistro in one corner.  Turns out to be senior living housing.  Bistro had a great turkey club sandwich with sweet potato fries.   

    The downer with all of this.   I did NOT take my CAMERA.  Angie did get pictures on her phone.  If all goes well there will be fun pictures for tomorrow's blog.  It's PORTLAND, baby. 

 
Portland, near the airport, April 6
 
 
     This has been a good "4 hours of sleep" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "I will praise the Lord who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."  (Psalms 16: 7 & 8)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment