Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Travel Day West.....

     Got up at 5:30AM  CDT  for a 8:30 flight from Indianapolis to Salt Lake City.   Flights these days are packed to the full.  Lately I try to get aisle seats.  Don't know what I did but I had a window seat.   On longer flights I need to get up and stretch a bit.  I don't like to bother the 2 passengers  between me and the aisle, but....one does what one has to do.  Sorry.  
     The flight was smooth other than about 20 minutes of crossing the "jet stream".  Seems there were 2 streams going opposite directions.  Twas a rather bumpy, rocky ride for awhile, but we came through in one piece.  The sky was clear so I got some fun mountain pictures.  At one point close to SLC  I observed a very speedy craft whizzing across the sky leaving a black vapor trail.   Didn't get a picture, but wish I had, cause it didn't seem familiar.  HMMMM.....


United States flag and Indiana state flag.....

     Snow capped  Mountains Far Away.....


Snow capped Mountains Closer....

                                       And Closer


                                                   And CLOSE.....


          I landed at PDX 12:30 PDT and arrived home 2:30----having got up in Indy 2:30AM  PDT.  Granddaughter Angie picked me up.  After a dinner of steak and garlic mashed potatoes at a local restaurant it was nap time for 3 hours.  And loafing around the rest of the evening.  It was a good trip to Indy to visit family.  It is good to be back home here in the Pacific Northwest. 

     This has been a good travel west day in the life of Grandma G.

     "Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains!  For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones."  (Isaiah 49:13)   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment