Thursday, April 11, 2013

       Tuesday was my younger brother, Nick's, 66th B-day.   He's suffered from Picks disease for the past 7 years.  I visited with him and his wife, Sandy, over New Year's weekend. 



       








It takes a little coaxing to get a smile, but there is one hidden there somewhere. 

HAPPY 66TH B-DAY, NICK!!

_________________________

    Wednesday it was out to lunch with the ladies.  I forgot to take my camera along.  We had a fun lunch and conversation.  As we were chatting one lady told of her trip to Banff.  Oh, Banff!  I've been there, just last summer.  Another lady next to me had also been to Banff and Lake Louise.  I told them that a trip to Banff was a life time dream of my sister,Betty, so that was a major stop on our cross country trip when I moved out here. 


                                          VIEW OF LAKE LOUISE
                      THOUGH A HOTEL WINDOW

                                               BETTY, GEORGIA, KATE AND VICKIE                
 
A MUNICIPAL BUILDING IN BANFF
 
       When we left "Sweet Tomatoes" restaurant we ran into a deluge of rain.  By the time we were home, 15 minutes later, the sun was shining through blue skies and fluffy clouds.  Time for a 30 minute walk around my neighborhood and a look at the latest blooms. 
 
 


 





      I spent the evening and overnight with Angie, Mic, and Jake
while their parents are gone a few days.  The next morning Angie drove me to downtown Vancouver to inquire about paying property taxes.   Another first here in VC.


  
        This day passed quickly as I took time to grocery shop, carry in (as a downpour came and left in 10  minutes time), put away, exercised, cleaned up and returned to the Millers house for the night. 

      This has been a good 3 springtime VC days in the life of Grandma G.

      "I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name forever and ever.  Every day I will praise you and extol your name forever and ever."  (Psalms 145:1 &2)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment