Sunday, April 7, 2013

PNW WW.....

   Prize for who can guess what that stands for.....

Sorry, I have no prize to give out.    Pacific Northwest Wet Weekend.  Oh, yah.

Rain, Rain, Rain.   That's what I signed up for, so they say.   It actually isn't terrible.  It's just one doesn't know when the 10 minute torrent will come and pass that quickly. 

                               WHAT ALL THAT RAIN BRINGS ABOUT.....

















   
  Saturday AM I got back to water aerobics.  I didn't feel like going, but sure felt good after the workout and the hot tub soak.   A little lady sociability helped as well. (That's a little sociability for ladies, NOT sociability for little ladies, but some might argue otherwise.)

    I went to hang out at Deb's for the afternoon.  I had laundry to dry.  Also wanted to visit.  Deb and Keys were leaving for vacation to Costa Rica on Sunday.
______________________________________________________________

      Sunday morning I was again reminded that I am not accustomed to city life or surroundings.  I drove to the place of our new church location.  I had been there before.   Today, however, the parking lot was completely empty and where the open room for the church should have been there was a room full of office furniture.   Did they relocate without letting me know?   On the third phone call to contact someone, someone answered.  He said the church was in the same place as last time.  He would walk through the building and into the front parking lot to show me that I was in the front of the building instead of the back where the open room was.   Directional challenged, I am. 

     I met grandkids, Angie, Micaela and Jake for a movie and dinner  in the afternoon.   We wanted to see The Croods but it was sold out.  Instead we watched a 3-D remake of Jurassic Park.  I was parts of the original movie years ago.  This one had huge foliage and even huger dinosaurs jumping through the air at us.  

     Later we had burgers at Red Robin.   The kids hadn't heard the "oldie" song of "The red, red, robin goes bob, bob, bobbing along."   All they know is "YUMMMMMMM".


They were good sports to hang out with Grandma G
         


      Truth be told, I've been a bit lonesome and homesick since returning from Indianapolis.  It might just be continuing jet lag.  It was great to hang out with all my fam back in Indiana.  

     This has been 2 good PNW wet weekend days in the life of Grandma G. 

      "He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful."  (Isaiah 30:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment