Thursday, May 2, 2013

A walk in the Park.....Lewisville Park, that is.....

    A new lady friend invited me to go walking with her and her little dog to Lewisville County Park.  It is only a 20 minute drive "up the road" from here.  Really.  It was predicted to be quite warm today so we headed out at 10AM. 
    I was as excited as her little dog---well, not quite.  But I did a lot of exploring.  I kept thinking and expressing, "My Indiana sisters will be so thrilled about this park and so jealous that I could come here everyday if I wanted".  This is one of my goals for moving to Vancouver, WA.
 


 Just me and my shadow......
 Ferns growing on moss covered tree branches.....
 Just a small tree root along the river......
Clear, chilly water from snow melt on Mt. St. Helens

A flower among flowers......
rhododendrons
 


Tree climbing little dog.....


This, Folks, is why I moved to the PNW

 
 
 
        This has been a good "walk in Lewisville Park" day in the life of Grandma G.
 
       "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.   He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when the heat comes; its leaves are always green."  (Jeremiah 17:7 & 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment