Thursday, May 16, 2013

Out of Function for Awhile.....

                HELLO FROM GRANDMA G.......

      I am in mid Wisconsin caring for grandsons for a few days.  For some reason I cannot access "new post" to my blog from my laptop.  I can post from another computer but I cannot access my pictures.  Until I can, I will send new posts but NO PICTURES. Oh, Darn. 
     The grandsons are 16, 14, 8 and 6 years old.  All of them well behaved.  They are in school most of the day, except for the 6 year old who threw up early Wed. morning and so stayed home that day.  By evening he said he hoped he was better the next day because being sick wasn't much fun.  He is back to school today.
     I realized a lifelong dream since being here---driving a mini-van.  I wanted one when my children were growing up, but never did have one.  That is what I have to drive the grandsons to where they need to be.  It's a little different now.  I am NOT secure driving in unknown areas and I was NOT secure about trying to drive the mini-van.  BUT, all is well.  EXCEPT the other day when I had to take the 8 year old to play practice on the other side of this small city.  I got lost.  Yes, Grandma G actually got lost.  (Ha, Ha).  Nothing new for Grandma G.  Tyler was quite concerned for me--and for himself--and tried to help me as best he could.  We were only 20 minutes late for the one hour practice.  
    I had lunch the other day with a lady friend of mine.  We were happy to catch up on the latest in each of our lives.  She hopes to come visit me in Vancouver next winter when all is frozen and white here in northern Wisconsin, yet green and simply chilly in southern Washington.    
    We've been eating well.  I have forgotten how much food growing boys can consume.  Yesterday, Tyler (6) had 4 slices of bread with Nuetella for breakfast.  We had a full meal of homemade meatballs with spaghetti for dinner last evening.  Tonight will be easier with finishing left overs.  
    The weather has been sunny and in the 70's--very pleasant--not too cold and not too hot.  The trees are just starting to leaf out and a few spring flowers are appearing.  It is like going back a few months in time compared to the outdoors in VC. 
    While I am here, I am working on obtaining plane tickets for grandson trips this summer, which isn't very far off.  I have a goal of taking each of my grandkids (18) on a trip with me when they are around 12 years old.   There are 2 that turn 12 the next 3 months and one in January.  The plan this time is to bring Jake from Washington to visit Austin in southern Wisconsin for a week.  Then bring them both back to Washington for a week.  I will bring Austin back to WI, connect him with his mom and spend a week in Park Falls before I return alone to VC and REST.  Can it be scheduled and accomplished?  Keep checking in to find out.
    This has been a good 3 "caring for grandsons" days in the life of Grandma G.
     "May the Lord bless you from Zion all the days of your life; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem, and may you live to see your children's children. Peace be upon Israel"  (Psalm 128: 5 & 6)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment