Saturday, May 11, 2013

On the Road Again.....OOPS.....In the Air Again.....

      Hello!   Grandma G checking in from Minneapolis St. Paul airport--while enjoying the local chicken and wild rice soup.  I must be in the Midwest since the air is crisp and there is a hockey game on the TV.
      The flight was good.  I bought myself a Mother's Day gift by paying $39 for an "economy comfort" seat.  I was as close to first class as one can get without paying all that money--one seat behind.  This was a good gift.  I had a large window, large seat (the plane's, not mine), quiet  surroundings, and early off.  Great.  Especially after a restless 6 hour sleep experience. 
      There was a little mix up before getting into the airport.  Carole drove me there this AM at 5:30.  As we pulled into the airport for departures I took out my ID and credit card so I would be all set to check in.  Carole and I said goodbye and she drove off.  Unfortunately I couldn't find either card when I went to process my ticket.  OOPS.  A quick call to Carole confirmed that I indeed left them in her car.   The attendent checked me in while I waited for my documents.  Even with the delay there was plenty of time to get through security and into my cozy seat in the front of the plane.  Yeah!
Early morning view of Mt. Hood


 PDX Airport
Mt. St. Helen's, Columbia River,  Mt. Rainier (?)



 Houseboats and industry along the Columbia River in Portland
 Minnesota, land of 10,000 lakes and fluffy clouds

      Chicken, wild rice soup.  Yum!!
 
More blogging later.....time to board for Wausau....
 
        This has been 3 good days in the life of Grandma G.
 
     "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it. the world, and all who live in it."  (Psalm 24:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment