Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunday dinner/Mimi B-day/Senior challenge...

                 Cinco de Mayo/  Happy 4th Mimi B-day!!

       Sunday was a sunny, warm Cinco de Mayo. After a great church service I hurried home to make a Happy B-day call to the Birthday girl in Milwaukee, WI.  I did sing to her and she talked a few minutes but she was in a hurry because she was carrying her presents for the party.

Mimi and cousin, Tyler













Mimi's family--
Olivia, Chuck, Mimi, Anna, Louisa


 
           Then it was time to prepare dinner for the Millers and Carole to come over.  I HAD to try the chocolate covered strawberries to make sure they were suitable for company.  They were.  I wondered if they would eat 36 of them.  They did.
          I was surprised with Mother's Day gifts.  SURPRISE!  Two cards, little gnomes for planters and a humming bird feeder.  Great.
        Keys, my son in law, was kind and fixed my dryer, sprayed the weeds and cut up my Christmas tree. ?

______________________________________________________

      Monday.......

      You can't get away from them even in the PNW.   THE DENTIST.... Another milestone and senior challenge.   I never have liked going to the dentist.  Now, its going through city traffic to a new office and new dentist...to a lady dentist who looks like she is straight out of high school.   And Grandma G was having a senior fatigue, insecure day.   I did muster up the pep talk to get me out into city traffic and on to a new PNW adventure.  The drive wasn't bad and quite pretty in places.  I caught glimpses of majestic Mt.St. Helen's. 
      The dental experience was overall alright.  I was distressed when the young dentist right away started talking about extracting two molars and referring me to a periodontist for a "deep cleaning".  (I was more distressed when the periodontist's office said my insurance didn't cover and told me the potential cost.) 
      The ride home was fine other than I did the usual Grandma G thing----took a wrong turn and went for a ride I don't know where---scenic, though, and in the daylight.   I actually wasn't too far from home and rather enjoyed the extra drive. 

  
                        Where's THE PLACE to be right now?

                             Four days in the count down!!  ??

    This has been 2 good Cinco de Mayo and dentist challenge days in the life of Grandma G.

     "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."  (Philippians 4:13) 

       
        
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment