Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back into Routine/ Memorial Day Weekend....

  


         It's nice to be able to say "back into routine".  That means I am getting a----routine----here in VC.  That means I am getting settled into being home here.
     At this point I don't remember what went on yesterday, Friday.  I do recall a session with the chiropractor and a stop at the DOL--Department of Licensing. A few weeks ago I inquired about obtaining a Washington license plate.  I needed to get a new title for the car.  First I had to make phone calls to find out how to replace the WI title which seems to have gotten lost.  Then I had a paper that Lou needed to sign.  Friday I stopped back at the DOL.  The lady said I needed to bring in the new title from WI.  I thought I had it along.  Nothing.  I left scratching my head (dandruff?) and searching my memory of where that title might be.  I even thought perhaps WI hadn't sent me one.  Back at home I did the appropriate thing--decided to worry about it the next day.  See, the next day is when the temporary license plate extension expired.  Nobody seemed to know what the state office would say come Tuesday when everything reopened. But no reason to worry about that on Friday.  Saturday came pretty quickly.  I tried to recall where that title might be.  Then I remembered.....The kind lady at the WA DOL  had told me, after she gave me the paper for Lou to sign to NOT leave the title in the car (where I keep all the other car related forms). After a little searching in the wrong places I found it in with the car insurance info.  Yeah!  I stopped back today.  And....after some misleads about needing other forms signed by Lou and having that concluded I did not and paying a mere $55 (besides $98 earlier and $20 for a new title) I was handed 2 BRAND NEW WA LICENSE PLATES!!!  I am a Washingtonian!!  Yeah!  (Without a WA driver's license.  But we won't tell the police department that.)
     I have proof I also went for a walk after the downpour of rain stopped. 
 Colors of PNW "post rain"



 A look to my right....
A look to my left......
 A pretty little white "pom pom" tree
 Color in Grandma G's front yard









_____________________________________
      Saturday was graced with accomplishment, although Friday I did work on finding tickets and proper timing for travel with Jake and Jude.  And did some piano practice--it's been a long time.  And washed dishes.
         After water aerobics and hot tub soak (we ladies talked about where is the best place to visit in the Hawaiian Islands) I came home to do some laundry, clean up a bit, practice more piano, check  Facebook and Freddy's ads before heading out to the DOL and then onto Freddy's for some browsing and grocery shopping.  It was 7PM by the time I got home.  The evening was (slowly) filled with putting away groceries, folding clothes, checking email and Facebook, eating supper and thinking about heading out to the coast with Angie after church Sunday morning.  All this with a very sore   front of right foot and 2 toes.  Ouch.  Hard to walk.  Might be something called plantar fashiitis or fibromatosis.   
             FLASHBACK IN HONOR OF       
                      MEMORIAL  DAY
ANGIE, (3rd from the left in the back row), 1991, with the Wisconsin National Guard band.  She is now with a medical unit as a nurse and with over 20 years serving our country. 
Thank you, Angie, and, Jen, who is with the Air National Guard for several years. 
Mt. Rushmore ceremony, June 2012
Thank you to Lou, Deb, Keys, Burt, Jen, Al, Angie, and Chuck who have all served our country in the military.
 
      This has been a good 2 "back into routine" days in the life of Grandma G.
 
       "Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.  No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs--he wants to please his commanding officer."  (2 Timothy 2:4) 

No comments:

Post a Comment