Thursday, January 16, 2014

Difficult Days.....Post Views 9769

     The past few days have been difficult.  What better way to combat that than viewing lovely scenery photos.    

 SPRING BLOSSOMS  IN                       VANCOUVER, WA 

  After  water aerobics on Tuesday I visited at Deb's for the afternoon and evening. One of the kids was sick and everyone was tired.  We just sat around, talked and bonded as a family.  Micaela also had broken her nose a few days earlier from cheer teammates falling on her during practice.  Even with that she performed for a competition on Saturday and was injured more.   
MT. RAINIER, WA

      I was up early (for me) on Wednesday to take care of some legal matters.  The man I met with was not a nice person.  He was a bully and unnerved me.  The side effects stressed the rest of the day---it was only mid morning at that point.  
                                                                          KOI FISH    

It was actually fortunate that I was having a meeting at my home in the evening.  That was opportunity to work off the negative adrenalin that had built up.  One of my sons had called about a business matter.  He caught me in a down mood and we were able to chat for a while.  That was good.  
     Micaela had outpatient surgery to reset her nose.  That all went well.  She needs to be careful for the next 6 weeks while the fracture heals. (She was back to school today, Thursday.)                                                                                                    SAN DIEGO PALM TREE....
      My meeting in the evening went well.  I enjoyed having people come to my house.  I feel I am starting to be a full citizen of Vancouver.  WOO!  WOO!  And....it was reason to clean my house and bake brownies.  
                               MT. ST. HELEN'S, WA
                         (AND A PURPLE SNOW BUNNY)
       Today went better, though, there was still a bunch of paper work to do and frustration trying to access the Social Security home site.  My son, Burt, called from central Wisconsin to see if I were available and willing to come care for their boys in late February if he provided the air ticket.  Though it is still winter in WI at that time I am willing to risk the cold and snow for a FREE flight.  

EARLY MORNING FLIGHT LEAVING PORTLAND AIRPORT THROUGH BLUE SKY, PINK CLOUDS AND WANING MOON

                              WISCONSIN DELLS

    A 30 minute walk in foggy air late this afternoon was refreshing. Then a little work on the family calendar and some blogging has put me back into comfortable routine.  Now a good night's sleep should usher in a good weekend.  And an adventuresome weekend since I am attending a convention close by here Friday evening and all day Saturday. 

                   MT. HOOD AND COLUMBIA RIVER

     This has been a good, though difficult, 3 days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Come to me [Jesus], all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  (Matthew 11:28 & 29)

No comments:

Post a Comment