Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's San Diego, Baby!! Post Views...9897


    Tuesday, Jan 28.... Welcome to San Diego!!    It's chilly here, but that is probably because I am expecting mid-summer weather. So chilly is about 62 with a cool breeze.  
      My son, Bill, picked me up after a great flight. Actually I was quite tired so I dosed the 2 hour flight.  I had a nice experience at the Portland airport.  I was able to proceed through the "prescreened" aisle. Really great.  No taking off shoes, coat, computer. Yeah!  The sensitive "walk through" detected something on my hands.  They should have asked me.  I had just applied hand lotion.  It only delayed me about a minute.  
     Bill and I had a late lunch at a beach side cafe.  The door was open and a little freeloader stopped in for a snack.
A walk out on the longest pier in San Diego, if not the entire west coast.......        

Ocean Beach coast line from the pier....




Catching a wave......







      

     After a little socializing with Bill and Gerry, Jude and Gemma it was off to early bedtime for all.  That is after a hard core game of  "Hedbanz".  I was a "crab" but couldn't guess it until the other players kept declaring Grandma G gets crabby when she isn't winning.  They told me I was something to eat and lived in both water and land.  ????  
     
    This was a good travel to San Diego day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.  Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep."  (Psalm 36: 5 & 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment