Saturday, January 4, 2014

'Tis the Season......Post Views 9609


.....For looking forward and looking back.....
For writing lists and erasing lists
For making resolutions and breaking resolutions
For thinking of sending thank you's and then not
For having eaten sweets and wishing one had not
For craving quiet days and then yearning for excitement
For starting projects and.........
'Tis 1/4/14

I am in the "starting projects" stage.  Hopefully they will all get done......in due time.  Of course that all starts with writing lists and making resolutions.  I have done plenty of that this week as I finish out the Christmas season listening to all my Christmas music CD's one more time and deciding to leave the tree up until Tuesday evening, January 7.  I've counted that there are 13 Russian tea cakes AKA Mexican Wedding cakes AKA Sandies left to be eaten while I drink my tea. (Perhaps I'll wish I hadn't, but then maybe not.)  
One project I started is compiling pictures to create a photo book; Actually three of the same. They will be for Jake and Austin and me.  Last summer was their "12 years old" trip with Grandma G.  
Austin came here to Vancouver and then Jake returned to Wisconsin with him and me.  I am having a great time "looking back" as I look forward to finishing this project.  
Enjoy a few of our memories:
Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Baby.....
Something is a little weird here


A Few Days at Rockaway Beach, OR.  





What I Found on the Beach......


Oops, there is another one.....

I found out what THIS is called.....


a SELFIE










___________________________________________________________

Weather from Outer Space.....
Park Falls, WI



Need MORE Proof?????


This has been a good 2 "forward/backward" days in the life of Grandma G.

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.  See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you.  Nations will come to your light and kings to the brightness of your dawn."  (Isaiah 60:1-3)


No comments:

Post a Comment