Monday, January 20, 2014

Wonderful Washington Winter.....Post Views 9,805.

     I went for a walk this afternoon.  My mind and senses say it is already springtime---late April or May. 


          Daffodils emerging...... 
pussy willows
 

 Green grass and moss......


Naughty footprints.....rabbit tracks across a newly poured driveway.



Frosted cattails and grass.   
We DO get frosty mornings.....







But not like northern Wisconsin which is back in the deep freeze this week...






____________________________________________
    Monday....
          I am having a REST day today.....Seems like, actually, really have been busy non stop since early last Wednesday morning. 

        GOOD day or BAD day at the salon?  saloon?

    I told my hairdresser I don't want to be a blond.......   

      She said, "It look nice on you. It make your skin look like a good tan.  It make you look younger."  Her daughter agreed that it looks nice on me and that it will lighten up (I should lighten up) after a few washings.  Good advice.  I went home at 2PM and washed my hair.....1 time?  2 times?  3 times? 4 times?  5 times?  I needed to be ready to go to the missions convention by 4PM.  I was glad no one would know me except my Hawaiian lady friend who was picking me up.  Her hair is this color----naturally. 
     When the evening was almost over and she still hadn't commented on my hair I HAD to ask her if she noticed anything different about me.  Perhaps she was being overly polite.  She admitted she wondered about my hair; maybe she had overlooked something a few evenings before when we were together....well, it WAS before. "It looks good on you."    
      Sunday at church (after an additional 3 shampooings) no one said anything.  Too polite?   Who is this lady who wants to be an Islander?  Out here I think people are accustomed to ladies... and guys....arbitrarily changing hair color.
Next time I'll try red, or red and black, or green.   Deb and her family did notice right away and wondered if I did it on purpose.  "It looks nice on you."   

 Blond Grandma G and newest gnome buddy......







    


This has been good "WWW" day in the life of Grandma G.

    "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies?  Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.  Indeed the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." 
 (Luke 12: 6 & 7)


No comments:

Post a Comment