Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rainy (seems like spring) days..... Post Views 9674

    Here in the Pacific Northwest it is "the rainy season".  I got caught in it briefly today when I went out the wrong door at the mall and had to walk a block.  There is a  "subtropical rain storm" coming in tomorrow night with lots of rain and also lots of snow up on Mt. Hood.  That makes the skiers and snowboarders happy.  I am happy as long as the snow stays up on Mt. Hood.  
    I am tired today, but a good tired.  After un-decorating the tree on Monday and Tuesday I spent most of Wednesday hauling it all out to the garage, then vacuuming and wiping up all the floors.  Might not sound like much, but it was a workout for Grandma G.  With springy, though wet, weather I am not at all interested in letting Christmas linger.  Not when the weeds are sprouting outside.  
    One little note of interest this week is the movie I "watched" and listened to while taking care of the tree.  The Fifth Element. I was desperate for something to watch.  This was "On Demand" TV.  It tried to tell a profound truth---that though there are 4 "elements" directing life--fire, water, wind and dirt-- the "fifth element", love, is the one that holds everything together and gives meaning.  Now pair that with a cheesy, corny, low budget, stupid sexy, syfi story line and one has the making of a wonderful, gourmet meal served and....err....regurgitated. The worst part of all this is that as the movie progressed I knew I had seen it before but couldn't remember how any of it played out or how it ended.  Until the end when the hero passionately kissed the sweet, innocent alien lady to stop the invasion of the outerspace bad guys and SAVE THE WORLD.  THE END.
(A redeeming note. I was totally happy it was a free movie.)


    Monday was the 9th and 7th B-day of my grandson.  Well, grandsons.  Brothers, they were both born on Jan 5, 2 years apart.  
Tyler 9
Logan 7
 







Listening on an old time rotary phone at 
Great Grandma Rose's house. 
Sitting at an old time player piano.
(doesn't work) 
 Great Grandma Rose
101 years old
(pictures taken summer 2013)
(Park Falls, Wisconsin)






    The rest of the these days has been taken up with computer work, exercising, getting back to practicing piano, and.....a new adult student on Tuesday evening.   

    This has been a good rainy season day in the life of Grandma G.

    "I [Jesus] have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."  (John 12:46)

    


No comments:

Post a Comment