Monday, January 27, 2014

San Diego Birthdays....Post Views 9881

     Tomorrow I am flying to San Diego.   I my younger years I never dreamed that I would be casually saying that once or twice a year.  I had an aunt who was a navy nurse during WWII era who was stationed there for several years.  My Aunt Emma whom I grew up with would talk fondly of her one trip there, probably in the 40's.  In those days San Diego seemed to me a mythical, tropical paradise that I would never be privileged to visit.  
     Now I have 2 sons and 2 grandchildren who are California kids.  A flight there from Portland is 2&1/2 hours.  

  


Jude's 12th B-day was Friday, Jan 21.  He was born in England and was properly named, Jude Fitzgerald.  His mom, and dad wanted to grace him with an British name.  "Fitzgerald" (son of Gerald) fit perfectly since he is the son of Gerald, his dad. 












 Gemma was born in California 7 years ago today. Born through C-section she was immediately whisked away to surgery as she was discovered to have a disconnected esophagus, and liquids draining into her lungs.  She spent her first month in neonatal intensive care and her first year nourished with a feeding tube.  
     Seven years later, thanks to God, excellent nursing care, devoted parents and warm California air she is a perfectly healthy, active, engaging young girl.  



     Jude and Gemma with mom, Gretta, on a whale watching boat.


    Tomorrow I am going to visit with them for a week.  Woo!

    This has been a good 2 "get ready for San Diego" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children."  (Proverbs 17:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment