Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Autumn has moved in..... Post views 8099

                 Something is not working on the sidebar so I will show post views with the title.                                                                          
       Autumn has moved in here in the PNW.   With rain all morning on Tuesday and "sun breaks" in the afternoon.  
 
How rains move across the sky.  To the left it is all black;to the right it is all blue. 





      I met up with an insurance lady to buy insurance for my new (used) SUV.. She is from Indianapolis and her name is Katie.  My sister in Indianapolis is named Kate.  After about an hour of chatting and doing business I had everything settled and told Katie I hoped we could meet up socially and get to be friends.  She actually does not live far from me; she said she drives by the park on her way home.  I love little "connecting links" like this one where two unrelated situations have  "in common"  details.  

 I picked up grandson, Zach, to come over to help me for a few hours.  He also wanted to start learning piano.  He is an avid music lover, especially blues and rap.  We did a brief lesson.  It is a start.  
     Then it was on to "helping Grandma" and a bit of just hanging out.  He tackled a huge mess of boxes, cardboard, and dried up plants in the garage.  All the while having his blues music going.  After finding fall decorations that came from Wisconsin for me, he helped me put some up.  


                                       
         By early evening Grandma G had enough cleaning out for the day and invited Zach to go have pizza somewhere.  Had to decide whether to drive "old" car or "new" SUV now that insurance and license plates were taken care of and for a few days I would be a 2 vehicle owner.  I decided on the familiar (old car) since dark was setting in and I might drive on unfamiliar streets.  I did tell Zach I need to name the SUV; thought maybe "Ted" since that is who I bought it from.  
        Zach picked out a "wood fired" pizza place, "The Rock" and so off we went.  Onto one unfamiliar street.  The pizza was tasty with the crust a very nice texture.


 












   
                           wood for the wood fired oven



                                           Zach, Grandma G and friendly waiter.....
                                              With wood fired oven in background
      It was a great afternoon, having Zach with me for company and help.  And a fun way to spend the evening.  

                                               Grandma G's "after dark" autumn look. 
_____________________________________________________________

          Wednesday was a quickly passing day without much getting done--at least that is the way it seems.  I think I am reflecting our federal government---shut down, no budget, can't agree on health care, laid off with no pay, "getting exasperated", wanting to raise my debt ceiling, refusing to negotiate with myself., close down the park.   Whoa, I think I will just let the federal government deal with that----I went for a walk---until the rain returned.  
        Speaking of parks, the "feds" have 3 weeks to re-open Grand Canyon or they will have to deal with the wrath of Grandma G.  All my family is gathering there for a few days in late October.  Actually it's a bit ridiculous to say they closed the National Parks.  Don't they belong to US---the people? (not the US government?)  

       I did a lot of computer research, went walking for 40 minutes, made some phone inquiries, so the day wasn't completely federal.  (Did I say that politically correct?)

      This has been a good 2 "autumn has moved in" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness.  He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains as before."  (Joel 2:23) 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment