Sunday, October 13, 2013

Busy Weekend.....Post Views 8268

          Grandma G had a busy weekend.  Nice....
      Friday evening  I resumed a long neglected habit.....coupon clipping..   There are lots of coupon fliers out here and with finances needing trimming I decided it to be a good habit to get back into.   






I enjoyed a meal of a "down home" cooked beef roast, potatoes, carrot and turnips.  





      Saturday morning was water aerobics followed by "chat time with the ladies".  One 80 year old gal was excited to be going to the Seattle Sea Hawks game the next day.  She has been preparing for several weeks.  She and another lady talked quite knowledgeable about football.  I am not that keen about it so just soaked in the hot tub and listened.  

     However, I did go to a Sea Hawks later in the day.  Yes, I did.   Sea Hawks versus the Vandals.  Sea Hawks won.    Jake plays on the Vandals team.  Though it rained all morning the promise of at least "partly cloudy" enticed me to go to his game.  Sure enough, it did turn partly cloudy by early afternoon.     















      Later at home I got the laundry done in between blogging and  practicing for a song special I decided to do for the church service the next morning.  Then it was time for bed.


____________________________________________________________

     Mornings are always difficult for Grandma G.  Takes time to wake up and clear the head.  Sunday was no different, but not too bad.  
     I didn't sing the special for the church service...there were other activities happening....but that is OK.  There is next week.
     The afternoon was SO beautiful I needed to go walking.  The temperature was in the 60s and blue skies.  I say it was the perfect fall day.  Wonderful to walk 45 minutes around my little neighborhood.  








Grandma G's dream car......
       Late afternoon I had a Skype session with son, Chuck, in southern Wisconsin.   Actually with his 3 daughters.  I forget that such technology is available.  Chatting and having visual is a great "lonesome" breaker.  Sure was fun seeing and chatting with the girls....and Chuck.

     Then it was to Deb's for BBQ ribs and visiting.  It was also an opportunity to haul the pressure washer back to my house in my little SUV.  Zach came along to spend the night.  He will be my pressure washer "washer" tomorrow.  

      I have had a great, busy, family weekend.  That makes the ideal weekend for me. 

     This has been a good 2 "busy family" days in the life of Grandma G.

     "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." 
(Proverbs 17:6)     
             



No comments:

Post a Comment