Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Busy days.....Post Views 8296

      Sunday night, grandson, Zach, stayed overnight with me in order to do a routine task that needs to be done here in the Pacific Northwest---power washing the green mildew off the deck.   It wasn't that way when I moved in a year ago, but it is now. The deck is on the north side of the house.  There is another deck on the south side. That one has no mildew.  I asked Zach about that.  He commented that the morning sun would dry off the one on the south side, but the north doesn't get sun until late in the afternoon.....so moisture coats the boards and mildew grows and grows.  My grandson is SO smart.   
Where is Zach?
Where is Zach?
Can you find Zach---
power washing the deck?
        Monday was a busy day.  While Zach was occupied with the deck I was occupied at my desk inside figuring paperwork, then a quick drive to Fred Meyers to take advantage of "door buster" specials that ended at 1PM.  I found a family of gnomes that need a home.  Maybe they'll stay and maybe not.  Gnomes are a big subculture out here in the PNW. (Must be all those mildewy north side decks.)
        Then by the time I drove Zach home, came back for a piano lesson and some dinner I was plum tuckered out.  
_______________________________________________
       Tuesday was another fully engaged day.  Water aerobics, get cleaned up, more phone calls and paperwork, faxing a medical release form, (I always have to review how to do that), a 20 minute drive to the endodontist, 30 minute appointment to discuss whether a back molar should be pulled or tried to repair, my first hands on experience with VC rush hour traffic, meeting a friend in that area for a snack and conversation, a stop at a different Fred Meyers on the way home, (found a "living corn stalk" to buy), a drive home in the dark, late dinner, filling out forms for a cardiac doctor appointment on Thurs, and watching 2 favorite late reality shows (The Little Couple and The Duggers)----. Well, anyway, that all made me very happy to climb into my cozy bed at 11:45PM.  Good night.  














Fun, Funky, Fur tree.......
     
        This has been a good 2 busy days in the life of Grandma G.

       "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might...."  (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment