Monday, October 21, 2013

Lazy Grandma G......Post Views 8412

       Sorry, Grandma G is acting like a lazy Grandma.  Some days I just don't feel like blogging.  And that is the truth.  
       I should be excited--tomorrow evening I am off to Las Vegas and then the Grand Canyon.  I am excited, but not about packing.  That seems to get more complicated rather than easier.  So if I don't blog tomorrow it is because the evening and night will be taken up with travel and settling into our hotel in Vegas.  But do check back Wed. or Thurs. to see what adventures I am having with my family.  
_______________________________________________________

        Sunday was an interesting day.   It was my first experience with driving in morning fog on my way to church service. The weather was for up to 70 degrees, but that usually happens sometime in the afternoon.  

Even then the scenery was pretty....Especially being aware that it was snowing in northern WI at that time.  








 Great idea for advertising.
Too bad that isn't MY vehicle.  
 










We celebrated Pastor appreciation Sunday.  Pastors Mike and Mike.  (There are a LOT of Mikes out here.)
 It must have been quite the celebration because the smoke alarms went off and squealed for a very long, annoying time when eventually the fire department arrived.  The building we are in is quite large and, honestly, we hadn't done anything to cause the alarms to be triggered.  Some folks said they saw smoke on the other side of the building.  At some point while we were all trying to enjoy our cake we were told to leave the building.  Actually it was a relief to be away from the alarms squealing.   I left before I found out if indeed there was a fire somewhere in the building.  

      On the way home I stopped to check out a grocery store I hadn't been in before.  They had cheap pumpkins.  My grown up kids all like the roasted seeds so I decided to buy some pumpkins to roast seeds and take to them as a gift when we meet.  

 



Roasted, seasoned pumpkin seeds......Yum!!



Wanna know how much your friendly personal computer  knows about you?   I went to check on possible job applications and this is what came up.  How did this job application site know that I am interested in Grand Canyon tours?

This has been a good 3 "Lazy Grandma " days in the life of Grandma G.

"A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest he looks but finds nothing."  (Proverbs 20:4) 











No comments:

Post a Comment