Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Variety of Activity.....Post views 8214

     How quickly the days roll by.  I often heard when I was younger that time goes by faster as one gets older.  I must be getting older!  Lately "weeks" seem like days. And its been 3 days since I blogged. I even have to figure in my mind what day today is.  Sure glad you all keep checking back on Grandma G!

    Some days are "senior citizen" challenging.  Sunday after a wonderful church service I went for a walk---later in the day when the rain gave way to sunshine.  Did 2 miles again.  That is getting easier to do and I didn't feel fatigued the following day.  The next goal is to add another half mile which will bring me to a Taco Bell fast food restaurant.  Stopping in for a taco will give me a rest and then I can head back home.  This is a goal--not achieved yet.  

    My son, Gerry, who lives in southern California, had taken a trip back to Park Falls, WI this past weekend.  He posted a few pictures on Face Book.  

Visiting 101 year old Grandma Rose. He was affectionately known to her as Gerry Bear.  



                                                    Funky mushroom......
                             (I've only seen those made                                            out of ceramic.)





Autumn scene in northern Wisconsin
 The Gruener Wald--
The Green Forest....
A tavern and upstairs living quarters/ built from the rocks that were cleared from the fields for farming when the early German immigrants settled here.  Built by my uncle's father.  Grandma G had her wedding brunch here since it was owned by my Aunt Emma and Uncle Jack at the time.  (I also lived there for a time during my teen years.)

       Speaking of German......This is a German pancake.....
I never heard of one or saw one before today.  I would have thought a German pancake was another name for a potato pancake.  
      It was "out to ladies' lunch" today here in VC.  I had something more American----turkey and mashed (Yukon Gold) potatoes.  We 11 ladies had a fun time visiting and eating.  I hadn't been to one of these gathering since last spring.  The ladies seemed genuinely happy to see me.  It's nice to be included in conversations that imply one is a belonging member.  

      Back to Monday.  It wasn't as exciting so this print can be smaller.  I had my piano student later in the afternoon.  Her mom asked if I had any business cards because other moms are wanting to know who gives piano lessons.  Yeah!!  I do have new post card sized advertising ordered and then I will be around town displaying them.

       Then it was on to Fred Meyers shopping center for some......shopping.  Also a good time to get accustomed to driving my little SUV.
 Pacific Northwest winter footwear......







Interesting "princess" pumpkins








      Tuesday was a chill, rainy stay at home day......after morning water aerobics.  I was going to put a pot roast and veggies in the oven, but since the meat wasn't thawed I decided on a different "down home cooking" day.
        A sudden winter storm blew in......blue skies turned black, the wind blew hard, the rains fell and then.....the hail pelted the ground.......it even accumulated.....
     
      This has been a good 3 "variety of activities" days in the life of Grandma G.

      "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. " (Proverbs 16:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment